After Blackout Octoprint restarts and RESTARTS the MK3S and THE PRINT

What is the problem?

Prusa MK3S

1. Blackout occurs
  2. Prusa resumes after Blackout
  3. Octoprint restarts and RESTARTS the MK3S and THE PRINT

What did you already try to solve it?

Auto-connect on server startup - Unchecking this box - Does NOT work.

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

Its always been like that

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Rasp Pi 4 4 GB
128GB SD Card
Hyperpixel 4.0
Rasp cam v2.0

Post edited by mod

A log would definitely show why this is the case...... I know here if I uncheck 'auto connect on startup it doesn't connect.

Please add logs and someone may be willing to help.

Note that OctoPrint is free, open source software. If you find a bug/problem, properly report it as an issue, to help out.

Edit: Both logs - octoprint.log and enable serial.log

And watch the attitude. I realize this is frustrating, but coming in here to flame the software as your very first post isn't going to bode well for someone to help you out.

The first place I would look is if your printer is back-powered by USB from the Pi. I have heard that these kinds of restarts could be triggered by that. Additional information on back-powered USB can be found here Put tape on the 5V pin - Why and how

3 Likes

For it happened after a blackout, there is an over 75% chance that the SD card filesystem is corrupted.

As @jneilliii said, this kind of language isn't tolerated in this community.
Either you watch your language or you're going to search for help somewhere else.

2 Likes

Personally, I think I would consider investing in a good-quality UPS. And then I would be angry at PG&E or whoever provides you your power. And then I would be angry at Prusa for allowing their controller board to be back-powered by the Pi. Let's see, who else? I'd probably be angry at my parents because they didn't love me enough.

2 Likes