Octoprint on Jetson TX2 or Nano?

Well I guess you followed the guide and just missed that part so I'm just linking it

Good afternoon

I use Jetson Nano for my work. I use the camera from SCICamera-Raspberry (in other projects the camera works). How do I connect her to OctoPrint?

Sorry for the long answer (urgent business trip)

1 Like

does http://ipofthejatson:8080/?action=snapshot work?
replace ipofthejatson with the actual ip

Possibly on Jetson Nano need to put additional software

Don't know if you've see it so check on jetsonhacks.com and look for Nano video keywords.

Yeah I guess the webcam script doesn't work out of the box for you.
:man_shrugging:
Sorry

Look on the JetsonHacks website for a how-to.

1 Like

Hope I'm in the correct category!

Been thinking about using a Jetson Nano (the $59 one) instead of an RPi, now that there is a $59 version, similar price to the $55 RPi4. Has a port been accomplished? Has anyone tried? Is anyone even interested? :slight_smile:
The Nano is quite a bit faster than even the RPi 4, and Ubuntu software on it is optimized for a large number of AI tools.
So, anyone for the Jetsons?

Since you already made a similar post a year ago I merged your new post with this one.
As you can see @Vladimir got octoprint running on a Jetson
(I guess with help of this guide)

You don't need to port anything - Octoprint is based on python which runs on the jetson with linux out of the box :slight_smile:

WOW? You remembered that? I didn't even remember that!!

Thanks!!!

(How do I find that thread, please?)

David

you're already in it :slight_smile:

btw why do you think the nano would be faster than the pi 4?
this was the first benchmark I found (it's a browser benchmark so that just one thing beeing tested)

The datasheet also suggests that it isn't as fast as the pi (but maybe I read the wrong document and you're talking about a different model).
Keep in mind that you can overclock the pi 4 to 2ghz without any problems when you attach a cooler like this one

I run mine at 2.3ghz stable.

edit: more benchmarks

1. Don't know if you like Adafruit's benchmarks but here is one that indicates an overclocked RPi4 is a bit faster than a stock Nano:

2. And here's one that contradicts Adafruit (it's a bit more scientific with easier to read charts):

"So it looks that under the sheer CPU power, the [Jetson Nano](https://www.amazon.it/gp/search?ie=UTF8&tag=morewareblog-21&linkCode=ur2&linkId=5a884b22510c0d2dcc54a1bcb03fd5f2&camp=3414&creative=21718&index=aps&keywords=jetson
nano) has a 10 per cent advantage over the [Raspberry](https://www.amazon.it/gp/search?ie=UTF8&tag=morewareblog-21&linkCode=ur2&linkId=82656ec7b17752ecd8d9f7203c331310&camp=3414&creative=21718&index=aps&keywords=raspberry,
raspberrypi, raspberry PI) PI 4."

1. And those don't test the AI tools at all (recognition of 3d printer that became spagettified.) (My interest but not the pay one.) The AI capabilities of the Nano are what mostly drive my query.

2. Nor does it address the multiple realtime camera inputs that the Nano is capable of. Many people have asked about running 2 or more cameras just to watch their printers in realtime.

3. And (short) final, heat/power management is vastly better on the Nano, reducing CPU throttling which, of course, can cut severely into a CPU's performance.