PSU Control: How to send M80 without connection to the board?

Why do you have to trigger it with M80? Its easily triggered with a single button in the web interface and it has its own API that lets you trigger it from the back end. I use it in combo with a custom fork of PortLister and my printer is booted and connected to octoprint in about 5 seconds after triggering the relay. The M80 is intended for if you have marlin configured to control an ATX power supply using a pin on your print board and doesn't involve octoprint at all.

I have the same issue, as gdahs, I want to lounch my prints from astroprint outside my network so I have no acces to the octopiGUI... I saw some movies using the TPlink (internet switches) It seems the plug-in they use (the TPlink plugin ) allows to automatically connect... but let's be honest this this is a toy for DIYers wtf should every thing be connected throug my router and 20euro swithches... sory I'am getting to old for this stuff perhaps I should wait an other 15years for my 5months old kid to teach me :stuck_out_tongue: ... seriously getting old ....

(...) I use it in combo with a custom fork of PortLister and my printer is booted and connected to octoprint in about 5 seconds after triggering the relay(...)

Hi, this is getting old but could you please detail how you managed to boot the printer through PortLister? I'm a total newbie with python...
And btw did you notice any risks associated with this method in your printing workflow?
Thanks

A lot of responses but none seem to answer how you're able to turn the TPLink switch on and power the printer via the plugin. I keep getting an error as well.

In short - You cant send GCODE when not connected. I've replied to your message on the other thread.

I understand that and agree. What is the trigger to turn on/toggle the plugin device?