Shrinking my IT

Dear all

my notebook stands side by side to the printer. The main reason why I want to use octoprint is the easy way to manage the filetransfer to the printer... and remote controlling the printer.
Is there a description which explains how to install octoprint parallel to my working system?
Thanks in advance
Karl

We don't know what your 'working system' is to answer that question.

1 Like

Assuming the notebook is running either linux, windows, or mac you can go through the manual install process of OctoPrint, a webcam streaming application, etc. and run OctoPrint off of the notebook. The manual install instructions for each OS are linked at the bottom of the download page for OctoPrint.

In other words: manual installation instructions

sorry for the lack of informations
I run Kubuntu on my PC. Yesterday evening I went for the SNAP packet and was able to make it run.
But I could not manage to get a proper serial /USB connection. I found a lot of informations regarding rights my user should have... but at least I had no success.

The snap distribution of OctoPrint is known to be broken, and it's not a supported method of installing, just something someone decided they were going to publish one day (no idea who). Following the guide for installing on Raspberry Pi OS will work in pretty much the same way (just adjusting the username, of course).

Setting up OctoPrint on a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian or Raspberry Pi OS - Get Help / Guides - OctoPrint Community Forum

Just fyi : there is also a docker container available