The new EU Copyright Directive and how it threatens this forum

I'm still astonished that you managed to run into me in this mass of people :smile:

Was a good turnout. Around 10k in Frankfurt. Media is saying around 100k in all of Germany. Sadly haven't seen numbers for the rest of Europe.

Final vote in parliament will be on Tuesday. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

3 Likes

Yeah but finding cnc kitchen at formnext last year was sooo much harder ;D

Leipzig :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The EU parlament just voted for the new directive without any changes...

So... yeah... I guess this forum now how has a date of expiry. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Careful, that would be filtered in the future.

Perhaps it's time to leave the EU? :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

PLEASE Miss Gina, we need voices like you to stand against these, we are so scared in LatinAmerica, because our copyright laws are copied from Europeas ones, i told Julia Reda to Make a vΓ­deo with creators like pewdiepie un order to spread who parties votes in favor and where was the protest, but i don't know if my message was delivered to her,..... PLEASE!!!! I BEG YOU, we need the Europeans to unite and stand against these, internet in third world countries (like my country) are AT RISK, because we copy laws from Europe

I ruined my vocal chords twice in quick succession during the public protests here on March 5th and March 23rd. I posted this. I put the forum into soft blackout on March 21st. I've been very vocal about this legislature being a risk (and have tried to not get too angry at the bad advice I got back in return). I called members of parliament (and I hate phone calls!). I wrote mails. I wrote physical letters to several MEPs. I registered with Foren gegen Uploadfilter. I educated friends and family members on that matter.

I frankly am out of ideas what else to do besides making damn sure to give my vote on May 26th to people who didn't fsck us all over yesterday.

All I want to do is provide a piece of open source software to the world and a community around it without risking financial ruin. I'm not a martyr and I don't want to become one.

2 Likes

I know this is not a political forum... so I have nothing to say I guess. Other than sadness, anger, and disbelief. And based on the media coverage, most people still have no idea that something dark has just happened.

2 Likes