Zoom button for usbwebcam

Nice find! Thanks. So it was a built in tweak feature :smiley:

Docs: http://docs.octoprint.org/en/master/features/custom_controls.html

1 Like

Well... yeahUH...

:laugh:

The Custom Control Editor plugin worked very well.

1 Like

I have the Logitech C270, and, it seems that my cam doesn't zoom, it only has one speed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I see... brightness, contrast, saturation, white balance temperature (what the heck is that ?) , power line frequency, sharpness, backlight compensation, exposure auto, and exposure absolute, but, nothing about zooming or I'd be copy pasting like a madman

What the heck, I tried it anyway, and got...

unknown control 'zoom_absolute'

Oh well, that's what I get for having a cheap camera

On the other hand, it adjusts from dark to light excellently, and when you take it apart you can spin the little focus knob (after you break the glue they put on it to stop you from spinning the little focus knob) so it can see perfectly right up to about two inches away, which is really cool (if, of course, you feel like manually moving the camera... hey, maybe a robotic arm. Okay, I'm a geek)

1 Like

I wonder how practical it would be to add just a "digital zoom" to the interface, that wouldn't depend on camera capabilities? For instance, when I'm keeping an eye on printing progress on a print that doesn't take up much of the view, it would be helpful if I could just enlarge a smaller area of what the camera sees to fill the viewport. There's way more resolution from the camera than I need for print monitoring, but when I have a browser window sized down on my laptop for watching a print while I'm doing other stuff in another larger window, the image of the printing part I can see can be pretty tiny.
Or maybe there's already something like this? (I couldn't find it with a search though)

It's fairly easy to apply a width and height to the IMG tag that shows the stream. There is already a full screen plugin for OctoPrint though, so maybe try that?