2 raspis, 2 cams, one yes, other no

hi!
situation: 2 printer, 2 octopis pi3 modell b+, 2 cams LOETAD Webcam, 1080P Full HD
saw in the list that it works with: camera_usb_options="-r 1920x1080 -f 20"

lsusb says:
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0806:0806
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

on my any mega-s it works, on my new sapphire pro not.
when i'm looking via ssh to /var/log there is no webcamd.log file!
the one that work is octopi 0.16.0 i think, the other is 0.17.0
no idea, changed the cams, same shit.
greets simon

I would normally suggest offloading some of this work to another Pi.

hi!
thnx, but you misunderstud! there are 2 raspis, one cam on one raspi, the other cam on the other raspi. don't need multicam.

1. raspi, one printer, one cam, OctoPrint 1.3.12 auf OctoPi 0.16.0 -> works
  2. raspi, other printer, other cam, Octoprint 1.3.12 auf OctoPi 0.17.0 -> works not

Sorry, I misunderstood...

When you swapped the two webcams did the problem follow one camera or did it follow the 0.17.0 installation of OctoPi?

You're dropping terms like "mega-s" and "sapphire pro" as if any of us know what that is. Here's a quick search for the latter in images:

If it works on the 0.16.0 installation, look for anything different on its /boot partition. Maybe you edited a file there which is responsible for adjusting the camera.

hi!
sorry, i mean 3d-printers. "anycubic mega-s" and "two trees sapphire pro" thought when we talk bout octoprint thats clear...
but anyway.

yes. both cams work at .16, at .17 they dont work.
both octopi.txt are the same: camera_usb_options="-r 1920x1080 -f 20" nothing other changed. yeah, the name and password are different. stupid as i am i forget the user and pass from the .16. writing down old data... so, can only acces the .17 via putty.

so, maybe u can tell me witch other files i schould check for differences?

Running sudo raspi-config, Interfacing... -> Camera will turn on webcam support in the kernel which will add a single line to /boot/config.txt something like start_x=1 or similar. You already found the octopi.txt file in that same folder.

hi!
ok, # enable raspicam
start_x=1
gpu_mem=128
is now inside. think must reboot the raspi. con't do that now, printjob is running next 12h. after rebooting i'll try and will tell u whats going on!
thnx 4 now!
simon
(have only basic knowledge with linux...)

1 Like

hi!
so, back. hmm, nothing changed.

is in the config.txt.
this error i get: "The webcam server is currently not running"

Try 'sudo systemctl enable webcamd' then either reboot or 'sudo systemctl start webcamd'

hi!
dosn't help. think i try with a .16 version...