Android version?

Any plans to make an APK for Android? Seems like the best platform to take advantage of all the plugins-features (like camera support) and touch screen. Unlike Rpi's which are difficult to get and expensive in comparison to older Android phones that can easily be had for $100 anywhere.

Thx for considering

Check this out

Also linked here:

I meant going forward will it be supported on v1.8 and beyond? Octo4a is at 1.4.0 and doesnt seems to work well / consistently. I tried a few times. It crashes for me upon opening, and many others have reported same or similar issues but no developers have replied to the open issues posted.

Seems like a tablet/phone with a built-in touch screen and camera would be the ideal platform... far more functional (and cost effective) than any RPi + accessories. We can get decent performing 2-yr old 6" phones or 8" Android tablets for $50-100.

I don't follow this comment. Octo4A downloads and installs the latest version of OctoPrint (currently 1.7.3) when you set it up and is running Python 3.9. There's no reason it wouldn't be supported.

There's no plan to redo the work by anyone else as you seem to be implying? With such a huge number of android devices, OS flavours and hardware variants there will inevitably be issues with some phones.

Apologies. I did not realize Octo4A DL's the latest OctoPrint version. I'll try on a newer device.