Any Python 3 plugins for IFTTT notifications?

OctoPrint-IFTTT isn't Python 3 compatible, and the notifications in OctoPrint-Enclosure don't work even though IFTTT is set up correctly.

Is there another plugin available that talks to IFTTT? I can't find anything but would love to be proven wrong; I really miss getting feedback from my printer!

@allenrowand Since I am so nice, I forked the plugin and made OctoPrint IFTTT compatible to Python 3 for you.

It passed the eye test, and by now I have looked at enough plugins to know what usually needs to be changed, and with this one I could not find anything, so added the compatibility data.

If you could let me know if this works, by installing from the plugin manager > get more > ...from url:

https://github.com/cp2004/OctoPrint-IFTTT/archive/patch-1.zip

That would be great!

2 Likes

You ARE nice, and I appreciate your time and effort!

It gave the following error when called:
2020-11-03 14:48:06,398 - octoprint.plugin - ERROR - Error while calling plugin IFTTT
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint/plugin/init.py", line 230, in call_plugin
result = getattr(plugin, method)(*args, **kwargs)
File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint_IFTTT/init.py", line 27, in on_event
if not len(trigger_names):
TypeError: object of type 'filter' has no len()

I'll have a look tomorrow.

Alright, @allenrowand I have tested and updated, it should now fully work.

1 Like

Confirmed, thank you!

1 Like

I added IFTTT support to OctoPod plugin. Lots of events are available and easy to use.