Arducam autofocus camera not working

** Arducam IMX519 Autofocus Camera Module for Raspberry Pi, 16MP AF Raspberry Pi Camera Compatible with Raspberry Pi 4B/3B+, Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W, NVIDIA Jetson Nano/NX and NVIDIA Orin NX/AGX Orin**

Cannot get the camera working. I'm running the CanaKit Raspberry Pi 4 Extreme Kit - 128GB Edition (1GB RAM)

I've looked everywhere online and tried numerous things, watched numerous videos, etc. with NO JOY.
I've got two other cameras coming to see if they work.

Can't get them at the moment but will post ASAP (/var/log/webcamd.log, syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)

Latest builds of Octopi, Octoprint, Octodash

Hi, I have the same camera and I used this guide. It should get the camera working on octopi, but I don't know how to make it work with octolapse. I am having issues with the snapshot url in octolapse. Hopefully this helps!

1 Like

Thanks CK! I'll give this a try tonight!

So I was unable to get this working........so I tried a webcam (USB connection) and it worked! I'm thinking I'll send all these Arducams back and stick with what's working. Unless I can find an easier way of making them work.

Could you try this new camera stack that's being worked on that should add compatibility? Your Arducam camera would need to use libcamera and this image should support that. It's in testing for wider rollout so if it works please let Gina know!

It should be reasonably easy to setup (although it is flashing a new OctoPi image - take a backup first)

1 Like

I think I'll wait a little bit and see what others say about this. Isn't there a way to add this without doing the entire image? I hate having to redo all the plugins, etc.

Unfortunately not in this case - you could install camera-streamer and setup all the scripts yourself, but the idea of the prebuilt image is to avoid that.

If you take a backup inside OctoPrint (& download it of course) then when you flash the new image you can restore said backup to get all your configuration & plugins back automatically.

Thanks Charlie!
So if I understand you correctly I go into Octoprint and make a backup (which I've done). I've downloaded it to my PC. I take the newly flashed SD card and insert it into my Pi. Then power/boot up and once Octoprint is running again restore the backup I originally made. Correct?

That is correct. That is exactly what I did. When you connect with a browser to the new image, the first run setup has a step to restore from a backup.