Bed Level Visualizer

u got a "save mesh" checkbox in the plugin settings.

Good point. It does save settings, and when that option is enabled it saves the mesh to OctoPrint's config.yaml. What I meant to say is that is does not send any commands to your firmware to store EEPROM settings (ie M500).

1 Like

ahh and that i was not sure about.

so this is my config and i have m500 m501 in it to be sure.

use M420 S1 in ur start code to enable and use the mesh ( or enable RESTORE_MESH_AFTER_G28 in ur firmware config )

use this to level once every few weeks or if i change sth

M190 S70 ;wait for bed temp
M155 S30 ;lower temp report for better probing
G28 ;home
G29 T ;ABL and echo report
M500 ;save new mesh
M501 ;load new mesh
M155 S3 ;set temp report back
M140 S0 ;disable bed heating

Hello, I am new to octoprint as I just installed it . I installed the plugin bed level visualizer and it ask for g-codes for it to work. Can someone help me put together the g-codes needed or have one I can use. I have a Wanhao Duplicator 9 300mm running marlin 1.1.4.

@AysiaR, what are the commands you typically use to run autoleveling? That version of Marlin may be too old to generate a report with with G29 T command, which is what the plugin uses to create the surface for display.

Jneiliii I use G28 to home and then G29 to autolevel.

At the end of the leveling process is there a report returned of points?

I updated my Prusa MK3 firmware to 3.5.2 7x7 variant and changed the G80 line to G80 N7. Bed looks much different now :confused:

Just in case anyone is wondering if the plugin works with 7x7 on their Prusa. (as I was)

Is the visualizer not displaying it correctly, or your just getting more data to display now? Sorry, I don't have a MK3 so can't be much help on firmware differences.

It's working just fine. It displays a more detailed bed.

I'm printing now so I can't do a side by side 4x4 vs 7x7 but if it's of interest I'll post comparison photo's.

Cool, just wanted to make sure. It makes sense that it would be more detailed with a larger grid. It's interesting to see, but I think most MK3 visualizers I have seen have that same dip in the back right corner.

Yes. I got it sorted out with your help. Thank You.

7x7:
https://plot.ly/~mvasilakis/1/

4x4:
https://plot.ly/~mvasilakis/3/

I keep getting this error "TypeError: Cannot read property 'selectAll' of undefined" when I run Bed Visualizer. I have a MK3 with R-Pi zero. I have tried:
G80
@BEDLEVELVISUALIZER
G81
and:
M155 S30
G80
@BEDLEVELVISUALIZER
G81
M155 S3

with the same result.

Settings:

Data:

Haven't seen that error before, are there any additional errors in octoprint.log?

The problem just went away. I ran it this morning and it ran fine. Go figure...

Hello,
is there a way to do a bed visualize with my Geeetech A30 on octoprint? He is running but there is no stored data :frowning:

Depends on the output of the bed leveling report of your firmware, what type of firmware, and what version of firmware. I've tried to account for most, but not all work. Do you know how to generate a bed leveling report? If your firmware is marlin the gcode command is G29 T.

The Software from the Printer is repetier i guess. With G29 T he startet autoleveling but after finishing there is no stored data. I think i tried all commands from this page but no stored data. Do you have an idea? :thinking:

It won't store data unless you flag the command. If you go to the terminal tab and enter the G29 T command what is returned at the end of the leveling process?