Blobs on the Surface of Prints

@OutsourcedGuru Simplify3D had it iirc, but dropped it. On a printer board it just does not make sense at this moment to have arc support enabled.

@ProtomakerSprint it should be quite dry. Also, wet Filament would not cause the print head to stop for a moment. I will see if i can upload a video of this somewhere.

Edit: https://imgur.com/5djPXyI in the inner curve you can see it stopping

@FormerLurker yes, I did not have time to try to fix it, but I intended to try to avoid USBSerial and using the GPIO pins instead. In the mean time I made a serial cable with a voltage divider on the Pi's RX side, maybe I get to try it next week some time.

Anything actually using G2/G3 on a 3d printer is interesting, so sure, I would like to take a look at it if I can find the memory to use it.

Hey!

I have just had time to change and flash the new firmware, I made a test file and will later print it from a usb stick / the tft 28, directly from the pi without the plugin enabled, and, finally with the plugin.

Do you have some documentation of how your plugin works I could take a look at in the mean time?

If you are using Marlin 2.0, make sure you adjust the MIN_ARC_SEGMENTS setting. 32 is a good number. Did I ever send you the zip for that plugin? Sorry, I sent a lot of messages about it over the past week.

As it turned out, for some reason my UART0 must have died, meaning all the time I was having the problems I was using the miniUART.

Replacing the Pi with something else helped.
I noticed this when I tried to force the Pi to use the proper UART0. I tested My suspicion by streaming GCODE from my laptop using Repetier Server.

Anyways thank you to everyone who tried to help, this thread not only gave me a really helpful insight into serial communication, the Marlin firmware but also ways to get around the limitations of GCODE.