/boot/octopi.txt is all commented out, where is the new location?

The documentation mentions this file, /boot/octopi.txt, for configuring the camera options but everything in it is commented out. Is there a new file location for camera options? I'm just trying to get a little better resolution from a raspi camera that is supposed to be higher resolution than the default. Its working fine, just hard to see.

It is commented, until you uncomment it to change something - otherwise defaults are used.

I made changes there but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. the video is still tiny. oh well thanks anyway.

please upload your octopi.txt so we can look at it

I uncommented and edited these two lines, otherwise its all the original comments:
camera="raspi"
camera_usb_options="-r 1280x720 -f 10"

you set the camera to raspi and edited the usb cam line :wink:

The comment in that doc said newer raspi cam modules are reporting as usb devices, so I thought that meant use the usb camera line.

That's meaning that if you put it in auto with a raspi cam, it may be used in USB mode and so the camera_usb_options line is the one to use. If you explicitly set camera="raspi", then it will definitely be used in that mode and you need to change camera_raspi_options.

1 Like

OK, I see, although that was confusing.
It seems to be higher resolution in that the little picture is somewhat crisper, but it's still the same 3 inches by 5 inches as the lower resolution was on the same web interface, which is what I was hoping would be the larger. Is there no way to make that larger?