Can I keep Ender 3 fans off until heating starts?

What is the problem?

I was wondering if there was a plug in or perhaps a basic setting in octoprint to keep the printer fans OFF until the bed/tool start to heat for a print job?

I don't think the fans would be needed until things get going. Is that correct?

Thank you,

Bob

What did you already try to solve it?

searched plug in's but didn't see anything that would work

Have you tried running in safe mode?

WRITE HERE

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

I don't own (and never will) any Creality products but I believe there are two (types of) fans on the Ender 3. One is a cold end fan and the other is a part cooling fan. The cold end fan on most 3D printers is an always on fan. The part cooling fan on most 3D printers is speed controlled using M106 and M107.

The part cooling fan can be off when the nozzle / bed are off. The cold end fan usually doesn't have any gcode commands to control it.

1 Like

Most 3D printer firmware is able to start the cold end cooler fan at a certain temperature. Commonly used is 50Β°C.
It depends on the firmware adaptation if this feature is active.
Also, this will not work if the the cold end cooler fan is hard wired to the supply voltage.

1 Like

It depends if the board has the support or not, as well. Most Creality boards do not, and specifically neither the 1.1.x nor 4.2.x board that come with the Ender 3 do, and the hotend fan is wired to be on anytime the board is powered.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I'll have to re-evaluate this. lol