Can't Connect to UI from Windows -- Android is fine

I ran the cat command but didn't see anything peculiar in the Avahi output with regards to renaming the instance.

I did reboot the Orbi (which has also worked very well for me), but that didn't change the behaviour.

Next, I did resolve the bash issue with setting the safe mode flag by executing (prepending the ./ was the key):

> ./octoprint safemode

It is now running in safemode and appears to be accessible. Would the log files be of any help? I'm unsure if being accessible is just a feature of restarting the octoprint service or if the restart has actually removed a conflict. I'll see if I can use it through out the day and see if things are better.

It appears then that Safe Mode works. This means that one of your plugins is somehow getting in the way. If you're in love with your existing set of 3rd-party plugins, you could attempt to troubleshoot which one caused you the trouble.

In a case where "the trouble" prevents you from bringing up OctoPrint from the interface, this becomes a little tougher, of course. Reviewing the earlier octoprint log should indicate something that's throwing errors; those lines usually indicate which plugin was the cause of your woes.

So far, so good while running in safe mode. I found the CLI command to uninstall a plugin and from looking at some of the previous log files, the one that stuck out as throwing errors was octoslack, which I really liked, but that is where I'll start.

Thanks for continuing to provide feedback. Greatly appreciated.

1 Like

simple disable adblocker :slight_smile: from the browser

That was a good idea, and tried it with a couple other browsers. Unfortunately didn't resolve the situation. I did wind up rebuilding the Octopi setup on a newer version of Octopi. I thought I was home free until the laptop next to the printer went back to the same issue. Now I'm thinking that it is something with the windows or Google Chrome configuration, although that is a longshot.

I am also currently in this same boat... From the looks of it, it looks it times out before it receives data. It's not consistent, since I can just reboot my laptop and have connection, connect from somewhere else and have connection, and I am absolutely sure it's running from IPv4...

I'm having this exact same problem as well. I've disabled IPV6 on the Pi, but the problem is still there. I am unable to get to (or ping) the Octoprint on my Windows Laptop, Windows Desktop , or Mac Laptop. I can get to it from my Android phone without issue. I can typically temp fix the problem by rebooting the Pi, until whatever is causing it happens again. Doesn't appear to be browser related, and my Pi doesn't lose network connectivity.