Can't get plugin to send to URL

Hey I'm having trouble using the ProgressPlugin mixin to work. Using the documentation and other examples I was able to get the following code to load in properly, but I don't get output in either the octoprint log or my server, I also tested a paired down urllib request only in python (no plugin code) that was able to contact the server successfully. Is my log statement correct, at least? And where would that get logged to, the octoprint.log file?

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
from __future__ import absolute_import, unicode_literals
import octoprint.plugin
import requests
import urllib.parse

class VisorProgressPlugin(octoprint.plugin.ProgressPlugin):
	def on_print_progress(self, storage, path, progress):
		url = "[mylocalserverurl]/octoprint/%s/%s/3fa800"%(urllib.parse.quote_plus(path), progress)
		self._eventLogging(url)
		requests.get(url, verify=False)

__plugin_name__ = "Visor Progress"
__plugin_version__ = "1.0.0"
__plugin_description__ = "Send progress data to the Visor server"
__plugin_pythoncompat__ = ">=2.7,<4"
__plugin_implementation__ = VisorProgressPlugin()

Where is this self._eventLogging function?

Shoot, sorry, good point. I replaced that in a kind of desperation move after seeing it in another plugin, knowing it probably wasn't right.

The original line I was trying came from the main tutorial and looked as follows:

self._logger.info(url)

Put that back to self._logger.info(url) then, run OctoPrint and check the octoprint.log for output.

I tried it again with the original code and it doesn't seem to be showing in the log.

I can see the plugin getting successfully registered: Visor Progress (1.0.0) = /home/pi/.octoprint/plugins/VisorProgressPlugin.py
and the bundled tracking plugin is showing my plugin being installed: 2021-12-18 20:26:50,483 - octoprint.plugins.tracking - INFO - Sent tracking event install_plugin, payload: {'plugin': 'VisorProgressPlugin', 'plugin_version': '1.0.0'}

And I can see the print job start in the log: 2021-12-18 20:30:37,417 - octoprint.printer.standard.job - INFO - Print job started - origin: local, path: xyzCalibration_cube.gcode, owner: falldeaf, user: falldeaf

But I don't see any print events from that line of code ( self._logger.info(url)) I'm assuming there should be 100 events in the log, one for each percentage of the print job, based on the docs for on_print_progress?

Have you restarted OctoPrint since installing the plugin? Can you upload the full log file?

It was a restart :man_facepalming: Sorry for wasting your time and thank you so much for helping me out. I really appreciate your guidance and for you taking the time!!!