Can't install octolapse due to error from building wheel

What is the problem?

I installed Octoprint on my old laptop and beforehand I installed the raspberry os on it windows was soo... slow.
I followed the insulation guide from how to install Octoprint on Linux until the part for adding the webcam as I wanted to use a DSLR camera instead.
After launching the Octoprint on my browser, I tried to install Octolapse -or any plugin- but it couldn't install it even on ssh.

What did you already try to solve it?

I tried to:

• reboot it
  • reinstall it
  • update the os
  • look on the Internet but didn't find anything

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

octoprint-systeminfo-20230417014420.zip (13.1 KB)
octoprint-logs.zip (121.9 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint 1.8.7, Python 3.9.2, Debian 11-dec2022

The Message:
Installing plugin "Octolapse" from https://github.com/FormerLurker/Octolapse/archive/master.zip...
/home/pi/OctoPrint/venv/bin/python3 -m pip --disable-pip-version-check install file:///tmp/tmpwo2iq8vy/Octolapse-master.zip --no-cache-dir
Looking in indexes: Simple index, piwheels - Simple index
Processing /tmp/tmpwo2iq8vy/Octolapse-master.zip
Installing build dependencies: started
Installing build dependencies: finished with status 'done'
Getting requirements to build wheel: started
Getting requirements to build wheel: finished with status 'error'
error: subprocess-exited-with-error
× Getting requirements to build wheel did not run successfully.
│ exit code: 1
╰─> [20 lines of output]
likely tags: v0.4.2
picking v0.4.2
got version from expanded keyword {'version': 'v0.4.2', 'full-revisionid': 'c6c86782cdbfc3590fa4b1bf2e63064eb459b16b', 'dirty': False, 'error': None, 'date': '2023-04-02T10:23:21-0500'}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/OctoPrint/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pyproject_hooks/_in_process/_in_process.py", line 353, in
main()
File "/home/pi/OctoPrint/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pyproject_hooks/_in_process/_in_process.py", line 335, in main
json_out['return_val'] = hook(**hook_input['kwargs'])
File "/home/pi/OctoPrint/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pyproject_hooks/_in_process/_in_process.py", line 118, in get_requires_for_build_wheel
return hook(config_settings)
File "/tmp/pip-build-env-kte0mfd0/overlay/lib/python3.9/site-packages/setuptools/build_meta.py", line 338, in get_requires_for_build_wheel
return self._get_build_requires(config_settings, requirements=['wheel'])
File "/tmp/pip-build-env-kte0mfd0/overlay/lib/python3.9/site-packages/setuptools/build_meta.py", line 320, in _get_build_requires
self.run_setup()
File "/tmp/pip-build-env-kte0mfd0/overlay/lib/python3.9/site-packages/setuptools/build_meta.py", line 484, in run_setup
super(_BuildMetaLegacyBackend,
File "/tmp/pip-build-env-kte0mfd0/overlay/lib/python3.9/site-packages/setuptools/build_meta.py", line 335, in run_setup
exec(code, locals())
File "", line 57, in
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'octoprint'
[end of output]
note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
error: subprocess-exited-with-error
× Getting requirements to build wheel did not run successfully.
│ exit code: 1
╰─> See above for output.
note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
Error!
Could not parse output from pip, see plugin_pluginmanager_console.log for generated output

Hello @Yahya-Sh !

For installing OctoPrint on a Linux system you may try this one:

After reinstalling the os and installing octoprint using the commands provided, I tried to install octolapse but it didn't work with a different error massage but the same red notification on the side

After installing a plugin from the plugin manager (one of the plugin that was also mentioned while setting octoprint on the shh -recommended plugins- ) it installed

It is explicitly with octolapse
Why and how to fix it?

I reinstalled Octoprint using KIAUH. And it worked fine. I found this method on youtube while trying to install Klipper so I am no expert. Just thought that this might help. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.