Control gpio depending on printer stats

I am not sure if this plugin already exist or not, or if I am just searching for the wrong words...

But I am looking for a way to control the gpio on a pi, depending on what the printer is doing. It can be things like light colors, fans depending on temperature and such.

1 Like

Maybe you're looking for

or

Yes! Looks like that will do what I need, thank you :slight_smile:

Actually, it does not do what I am looking for. :sweat:

One of the things I want to control is a fan, based on hotend temperature, but instead of adding a secondary sensor, I would like it to trigger on the value returned by the printer.

Recv: T:24.37 /0.00 B:59.17 /60.00 @:0 B@:127

Hi MikeyDK, I want to do the same. Did you find a solution?

I'm interested too
I have coloured LEDs inside enclosure
I want

• WHITE at startup
  • RED while it's heating up
  • WHITE while printing
  • BLUE while cooling
  • WHITE when cold

I've configured the enclosure plugin
but can't find the triggers

any help much appreciated

That is what I am looking for too. I would like to print a huge multi LED sign outside of my printing closure to signal current print progress. Preferably there would be a list of conditions you could make like equal less than or greater than a value provided that would pull high or low a GPIO pin.

Sounds like you might as well make your own plugin for a setup like that - it is not that difficult to get started, just Python code :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, I have not made anything over a hello world script in python. Looks like a summer project to me!

1 Like

Not quite what you're looking for, but I use WS281x LED Status to display printer status on an LED strip, there is also one for controlling WLED

1 Like