As Klipper User on a i3 mega (the original LCD is out of orderwith Klipper) i miss the possibility to controll directly my printer. I know there are tonns of apps but i prefer a hardware solution. Never again a wrong pressed "button" on the phone.
Signal Duino linked with FHEM
Amazon Dash Button
Switchable plug via radio
The target... completely controllable via Octoprint and with the LCD Controller at the printer .
Printer with LCD Controller and Dashbutton to Power On and to Power Off via LCD (also via Octoprint):
- Power ON incl restarting the Klipper Host SW
- Power OFF incl Motor Off Command
- Power OFF after printing with temp check (<40° Hotend Temp)
- Watchdog: If the Printer is useless powered on for more as 2 hours a warning message is send via PushOver
Custom Selfmade Special Menu´s for the LCD Controller:
- Filament Change
- Power OFF
- Start Print of the current loaded gode file
Controlls the house power consumption, Doorbell incl Video/Picture, some plugs (incl the Printer), sundblind,Tracks Print Time Stats, etc