Correct way of adding Youtube Links

I tried following the instruction here:

for including youtube links in plugins. I added the following to the top of the jinja2 file for tab:

{% include youtube.html vid="X3A9Ir2SreI" %}

(I also tried with a thumbnail image too), however when I run the server I get the following error:

File "/projects/OctoPrint-CalibrationTests/octoprint_calibrationtests/templates/calibrationtests_tab.jinja2", line 103, in template
    {% include youtube.html vid="X3A9Ir2SreI" %}
jinja2.exceptions.TemplateSyntaxError: expected token 'end of statement block', got 'vid'

I'm really not very au fait with jinja at all, am I doing something wrong or does the documentation need updating?

That documentation is for the page on https://plugins.octoprint.org when you register your plugin. What you put inside your plugin is up to you, I know many people recommend that you don't embed a youtube video, but instead link to it - it can slow down page load, and loads YouTube's tracking stuff even if not visible.

While the template syntax there is looks like jinja2 there, it's not - it is for Jekyll templates, which the plugin repository is created using.

Ahhhhhhh! Thanks again :slight_smile: (Does it show that I mainly program C++? ;-))