[Dashboard Plugin] Feedback needed

Thank you - nice work.

Ok. I have now pushed a new version that will check if displaylayerprogress is installed. It will display a message on the dashboard if it can't be found.

Also: The stats from Displaylayerprogress will not be shown until there is a layer change during the print so it can take a while on a large model. I may have to look into that too but that will take a couple of days.
Let me know how it goes.

ETA Added. I would appreciate it you could test it (preferably using printtimegenious) as my estimates are way off due to the constant changes on the dev machine and it is hard to verify the predictions.

Hello @Stefan_Cohen,

just came back from work, installed the new version and started a new print. I'm using M73 ETA Override . Let's see how it works.

Already running the second print and it works like charm. Thank you! :+1:

Cool. I think I will have to rework the layout a bit to make the different times more clear.

Should add some bars and that for the people that use enclosure plugin

Yes. I have been thinking about adding support for enclosure and room temps.

Hi. I have a Prusa MK2.5S in the upgrade stage. As soon as it’s finished I’ll install the dashboard. Please keep the me in your contact loop for any updates. Thanks
Roy

If you "watch" the public repository then you should get notification of updates on github.

I have pushed v0.9. It includes support for multiple hotends, chamber temperature and the possibility to choose progress gauge type (bar or circle) in the settings.

What temp gauges to display is dynamic and depends on your printer profile in Octoprint. I have only tested multiple hotends and chamber temps using the virtual printer so it would be nice with some feedback from someone who has the actual hardware.

There are only some minor things left on my todo-list now.

3 Likes

very nice. does the new additional tools and chamber temps hide if there aren't any?

Yes. What temps to show now depends on the printer profile settings so for example chamber temp is only displayed if the printer has a chamber. A printer is expected to have a hotend but heated bed and chamber is optional.

I'm about to push v1.0 and add it to the plugin repository now. Anything else I should do prior to that?

Does he have to git tag whatever the repository for the software updater to recognize it as a change?

Yeah, for the software updater to see the change you have to make a release in github with the version as the tag version and release title, so if you are going to 1.0.0 use that in those two fields. That will allow the software updater to see the new version.

I just created the v1.0 release on github and issued a pull request to the plugin repository. Let's see how it goes :slight_smile:

Dashboard v1.0 is now available in a plugin repository close to you. Thanks for all the support and suggestions so far!

My todo-list for a future version includes:

• Support for translations to other languages.
  • Support for temps in Fahrenheit
  • Custom temp ranges for the gauges
  • Layer progress gauge.
3 Likes

Guys. Firstly I'd like to thank you all for writing some fantastic codes to make people like me learn and appreciate what these printer & PI can actually do.

I've been printing about a year with my Ender 3 with many modifications......

I don't normally use forums as I've managed to work through all my issues but this one i'm stuck on

Dashboard looks fantastic - just not on mine
I can't get more than the basic fan & temp to work on Windows laptop or Raspberry PI (3+ b)
I've installed "displayLayer" & "PrintTimeGenius" as recommended
I've tried uploading new code from Cura 4.1 and PrusaSlicer

I'm sure it's something I've done but being pointed in the right direction would really help and appreciated

Ender 3 Pro
Marlin 1.1.9
Raspberry PI 3 B+
Raspian Buster Lite
OctoPrint 1.3.10

Dash2

That looks like a data binding issue that I haven't seen before. Please post your issue on https://github.com/StefanCohen/OctoPrint-Dashboard/issues and I'll try to investigate further.