[Dashboard Plugin] Feedback needed

And make sure to indicate screen resolution and give an idea of how much screen space the browser is using. It looks like it's been shrunk down to me.

I agree, but all the viewmodels should still be there, right? In this case, it looks like the FanSpeed data binding failed. This could be an issue with my event hooks for displaylayerprogress.

Thanks Guys, have added to "Issue 14"
I realise the laptop is of low spec but the dashboard is the same on both

Raspberry PI 3B+
Raspian Buster Lite
Elecrow HDMI 5 inch 800*480 TFT (https://www.elecrow.com/wiki/index.php?title=HDMI_Interface_5_Inch_800x480_TFT_Display)

Lenovo
lenovo ideapad s130-11igm
Windows 10
Octoprint Ver 1.3.10
1366 x 768

Knowing this allows Stefan to adjust his own browser to that in order to see what happens with limited real estate.

Thanks, the PI is 800x480, the laptop is 1366x768 but only 11" screen
Pictures are original size from laptop

Stefan, Really appreciate you looking into this but I am now sorted.
I've formatted and started again with the "stretch" version (OctoPrint.org - Download & Setup OctoPrint)
Clean install, same plugins, same theme, etc and it just works.....

I'm guessing I have been playing with so many different screens / drivers I had caused a problem. I now have an additional 0.5GB space so there was a lot of unused rubbish on there.

I'm sorted and thank you for your time. Ian

@iancattermole Did you have Themeify installed before? If so, that might be pertinent. Otherwise, any plugin which throws a JavaScript error before the Dashboard plugin's JavaScript can prevent his code from binding.

Yes, everything the same. Only difference was a load of drivers, etc no longer required and moving back to stretch from buster lite

Hello,

After todays update i cant see hotend temperature diagram. He have been disappeared. I tried to restart but thats make nothing.

There was a bug in one of the new features in 1.3.0. It has been fixed in 1.3.1 that is also available now.

1 Like

I'm loving Octoprint Dashboard, thank you!

I can't seem to get it to display my webcam though. Any ideas?
It's displaying this instead: Webpage not available

The webpage at http://192.168.1.212webcam/?action=stream could not be loaded because:

net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

It appears the slash after 212 is missing if this helps.

I'm guessing it's hitting this code and there's no slash in between the two parts.

return window.location.origin + self.settingsViewModel.settings.webcam.streamUrl()

Yep, that looks like a bug.

That’s most likely it. You can add a leading slash to the stream url in the OctoPrint webcam settings while I fix this.
The default seems to be:

/webcam/?action=stream

I don’t sanitise the input in case that slash is missing so that is what happened to you.

Please open an Issue on the project github so I don”t forget about this in the morning.

@OutsourcedGuru I there a better way to get the stream url that I have missed?

Edit: Nvm. It was a rookie mistake. It turns out I overcomplicated things. This will be fixed in the next release.

That's just the way coding is, especially with paths.

You might want to test it but this python code is helpful for concatenating paths. It may deal with the absence or presence of slashes for you. (It's main claim-to-fame is to deal with slashes versus backslashes, though.)

os.path.join(window.location.origin, self.settingsViewModel.settings.webcam.streamUrl)

My bad: As suggested, I'm mixing/matching Python commands in JavaScript code. d'oh!

Ouch :wink: You just mixed python with JS and big time.

1 Like

I don't know this is a bug or a feature but there is double procent sign. I think there should be only one, this outside of the blue bar.

obraz

Yes. That is annoying. I will try to fix it and will probably replace it with an svg bar graph to be consistent with the circular progress bar.

1.5.0 is up now and fullscreen mode is finally usable thanks to substantial help from github user j7126:

2 Likes

What, no PAUSE button in fullscreen mode? :evil laugh:

1 Like