Dashboard Plugin

Following the Details link there is what you'd want to view to see why it failed.

I'll look into it ASAP, never have seen a failure mode like this so far. First need to take care of 1.3.12rc1 though :wink:

Thanks @foosel

It is probably a typo somewhere but I have been greping for "/plugins/dashboard/" in both the plugin source and the plugins.octoprint.org clone but I haven't found anything yet. I guess I have missed a step somewhere but I can't figure out what it is.

I actually suspect that Jekyll got confused by the duplicate entries in the YAML frontmatter (you have layout and id in there a bunch of times). But that's just a hunch so far.

Thanks. I just noticed that too. I will fix and try to issue a pull request update to see if it fixes things.

Update: Removing the duplicate entries in dashboard.md didn't resolve the issue. This may be something else.

I've gone over the instructions for registering a new plugin a couple of times now but I can't pinpoint any problems with the PR.

@foosel, do the images have to be embedded into the plugin repository? I've always done that when I've submitted PRs. You create a sub-folder in assets/img/plugins/ that matches your plugin_identifier and then link to those in your dashboard.md file.

They don't have to be in the repo for the build to work. It's just best practice because if some external site where stuff is hosted on goes down, it looks weird. And there's also a bit of GDPR insecurity.

1 Like

You could host the image on hackerz-R-us.com and then farm the logs for the image requests to get a list of public IP addresses which then could be tested for port-forwarding, for example.

Hahahaha, true. Don't give people ideas :wink:

Ouch, I've forgotten which thread I was on.

Sooo, I either screwed up the date, image links or both.

Thanks for the help @foosel !

Note to self: Avoid pushing PRs at 01:15 from now on. :smiley:

That's always a good rule to live by. I'd add "never deploy to production on Thursday or Friday" :wink:

2 Likes

I just wanted to say how much I've been enjoying your dashboard plugin. The new version (which has fixed layer readback issues with my install at least) is great. What would make it even better would be having webcams displayed on the dashboard. At present, you have to flip to another tab, so it'd be great to get cam feeds incorporated into the dashboard. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Thanks. I’m glad that you find it useful. There is allready a webcam suggestion on GitHub: https://github.com/StefanCohen/OctoPrint-Dashboard/issues/2 I think I’ll add it as a setting to enable in the next version.

Hi Stefan,

just updated the plugin to version 1.1.0. I like the Dashboard very much, thanks for all your efforts. :smiley:

In the settings, I adapted the Temperature Gauge Maximums to my needs and found that for the Hotend Max it works fine, but for the Bed Max it makes no difference which number I choose, the Maximum does not change. See the pictures below.

Auswahl_006 Auswahl_007

Thanks. It looks like I screwed up the merge of that pull request completely. None of the changes are Included in tab template in master so the settings doesn't have any effect. I'll fix that in the next release. Would you mind creating an issue on github for this?https://github.com/StefanCohen/OctoPrint-Dashboard/issues

Hi Stefan,

done. Issue #23.

2 Likes

Fixed in 1.2.0 that i just released.

1 Like

The new release looks good and it's great to have the webcam option, although it's really zoomed in and you need to scroll to view the full picture. Is it possible to have the webcam resize to fit the container? Many thanks :slight_smile: