Disable Hotend Runaway Error (HotEnd Only)

Hello. I'm currently working on a project that uses 3d printer parts and octoprint. It is not an actual 3d printer but hopefully you can help. I'll cut straight to the chase. I wanted to see if there was a way to deactivate the runaway heating error just for the extruder. There are no safety concerns as my project doesn't even use a real hotend. I'm just using the hotend thermistor as a method of recording temperatures. However, the hotend runaway error isn't allowing me to continue with my project the way I want, as the temperature i'm recording takes a while to increase. Is there a way to deactivate this error just for the hotend? (I am still using a heated bed)

I believe you can accomplish this by compiling your own firmware. Without details on the firmware and controller board you are using, there's not much else we can help with.

@yarrpe

With Klipper you could do without the extruder and use the extruder thermistor as a simple temperature sensor.

Could be a bit more easy than reworking the marlins firmware.

Hi! Thanks that sounds like it could be the solution I’m looking for. Just one question. I still would want to be able to use the M109 G-code command. Basically I want the print to only start once the desired temperature is reached on the extruder thermistor. Would this solution interfere with that?