DisplayLayerProgress

Greetings,
I've installed the plugin as part of octodash, but every file I print give "Layer indicator not found in file" I am using Simplify3D which shows as supported, however it is not working for me. I am using v4.1.2. are there known issues with other plugins? I shared my gcode file with another user who did not see the error so there must be a conflict on my side.

System info:
env.hardware.cores: 4
env.hardware.freq: 1400
env.hardware.ram: 915718144
env.os.bits: 32
env.os.id: linux
env.os.platform: linux
env.plugins.pi_support.model: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
env.python.pip: 20.3.3
env.python.version: 3.7.3
octoprint.version: 1.5.3
printer.firmware: Marlin 2.0.5_DW6.2 TM3D SSMDBB

current plugins:
Autoscroll
Dashboard
DisplayLayerProgress
Fullscreen
M73 Progress
Marlin EEPROM Editor
Octolapse
PrintJobHistory
PrintTimeGenius
ProgressBasedOntime
Tab Order
Telegram Notifications
TemperatureFailsafe: Apache
TouchUI
TP-Link Smartplug

Thank you

Have you added or enabled options for layer indicators in S3D?

Uploading that gcode file here would help, of course that is going to be the first question :slightly_smiling_face:. Also, some details of any configuration you have in DLP settings.

There's two parts you need configured:

• The layer indicator in the gcode file from the slicer
  • The pattern to match against the layer indicator. DLP comes with a few preset ones.
1 Like

ed-209-arm-blackflex(122%).gcode (1.6 MB)
Hi, file attached.
I do not know how to added or enable options for layer indicators in S3D, however the gcode does contain layer numbers for example M117 Layer 1
I did test the pattern match using the provided link, and when I copy and past the M117 line I get no errors.

According to the comments in the gcode, you don't have a layer change script
(; layerChangeGcode,) but the layer changes in your gcode are:

Line 210: M117 Layer 1, Z=0.240
	Line 1558: M117 Layer 2, Z=0.440
	Line 2651: M117 Layer 3, Z=0.640

and the layer changes in my S3D gcode are:

Line 261: ; layer 1, Z = 0.300
	Line 496: ; layer 2, Z = 0.500
	Line 692: ; layer 3, Z = 0.700

The difference appears to be due to:

Line 150: ;   postProcessing,|;Filament change code below. Specify layer to swap filament. Print will pause and you can change filament, click LCD button to resume print.|{REPLACE "; layer" "M117 Layer"}; show layer number and Z height on LCD|{REPLACE " Z = " " Z="}; make room on LCD for text|;{REPLACE "\nM117 Layer 4, Z=" "\nG1 X10 Y5\nM300 S1000 P1000\nM600\nM117 Layer 4, Z="}; pause at layer, move head, play sound

To solve your problem you will have to change the pattern to match against in DLP.

Or, remove the replacing of the comment with M117 in S3D and set Display Layer Progress to do that for you. Either will work, just providing options :man_shrugging:

Ah, I see, because I have code for a color change pause script, even though it's commented out the replace portion is still active. That explains why today's print without the pause post processing script did not throw a error.
So I will add the M117 Layer to the pattern matching and see if solves my issue. It appears testing on the regex101 site that it will.
Big THANKS to the both of you.

1 Like