Email alert issue

Hi ! i'm new with Octoprint.
I try to configure octotext for sending me an email with google but it's doesn't works...
I create a specifique email account, I configure in octotext every fields, try all ports, try witch less secure access enable, with two factor auth + application code, validate the captcha, wait .... nothings works...

here an extract of my octoprint log when I try to send an email :

> 2021-11-19 14:06:17,078 - octoprint.plugins.OctoText - ERROR - Exception while logging into mail server (535, b'5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.8  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials f11sm118500wru.27 - gsmtp')
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/pi/OctoPrint/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/octoprint_OctoText/__init__.py", line 249, in smtp_login_server
>     SMTP_server.login(login, passw)
>   File "/usr/lib/python3.9/smtplib.py", line 734, in login
>     raise last_exception
>   File "/usr/lib/python3.9/smtplib.py", line 723, in login
>     (code, resp) = self.auth(
>   File "/usr/lib/python3.9/smtplib.py", line 646, in auth
>     raise SMTPAuthenticationError(code, resp)
> smtplib.SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, b'5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.8  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials f11sm118500wru.27 - gsmtp')

Is someone succes to use google smtp server with octoprint ?
Or do you suggest to use an other one ?

Thanks for advance

I tested octotext with outlook.com and it worked fine. never got around to testing gmail though. The only thing I can think of trying with gmail is if they have something along the lines of application keys/tokens since you mention MFA and additional security stuff.

Thanks for your answer :slight_smile:
I just try with outlook and it's working well. So I will stay with outlook no problem.
My second question :
when I try to send email with SSL Octoprint crash without error... Do you succed to send email with SSL ?

me again :smiley:
so, with outlook tests mails are sended but no notification at start or end of a print....
How do you configure octo text ?

my configuration :

I reply to myself, I had to restart octoprint for active email notifications