Ender 3 V3 SE - ABL and auto Z-Offset

I'm looking at the Ender 3 V3 SE as an additional printer, and while I'm aware it's a very new model and so support may be limited, I was wondering if anyone had any information on the following:

• Does octoprint support automatic bed level probing via (what I assume is) the integrated CR touch? Can this be triggered via gcode (added via slicer or octoprint) or a plugin
  • I assume for the above, if it can be triggered, the data is stored printer-side and used when printing?
  • Is it possible to trigger automatic z-offset measuring? The 3V3SE has a strain sensor on the probe for setting z offset and I'm wondering if again this can be triggered and stored via octoprint (through plugin or gcode)

My goal is to be able to fully control the 3V3SE via octoprint without needing the control panel plugged in (to save space) like I do my 3V2.

Thanks in advance

OctoPrint communicates with the printer firmware and the features you are asking about are (should be) firmware features. For example, automatic bed leveling is the gcode command G29 (results stored in the printer) and the Z offset is stored in the printer and accessed / changed by M851.

That being said this is a Creality printer and Creality is infamous for taking perfectly good Marlin firmware and making very bizarre changes.

Thanks for the reply! I was able to find the gcode commands to trigger, and load, mesh probing data, and also the M851 command for setting z-offset. However, I haven't been able to find anything about using the nozzle strain sensor to set the z-offset automatically, which seems like a crucial feature.

@davedamon could you please share your gcode settings? Want to have the same setup.

I don't have any gcode setup as I haven't purchased the printer yet. I'm trying to find out if it's compatible first

Did you find anything else on this ... Trying to find exactly the same thing.

Hello @emeyedeejay !

Obviously not. Else there would be some information.

Hi, i have octoprint working on my ender 3 v3 se. You carry out all the normal things like bed leveling, z offset etc via the std control panel. Bit when you want to print something you just send it via octoprint.

Just a quick note here
the Ender v3 SE does not have a strain sensor in the nozzle or tool head
the strain gauge is actually located under the bed where one of the leveling knobs would normally be.