Enhanced Terminal

Hey guys. Do you know if there is a plugin that can enhance terminal output?

I am looking for something that could add something like

• for instance dark background
  • a different color for printer responses (maybe light gray), removing "Recv:"
  • a different colorful commands, removing "Send:"
  • embedding the input field in the same window would be good too.
  • allowing multi-line inputs commands
  • enter to send

Do you know anything with this capability?

Also, checking here my version OctoPrint 1.6.1 Python 3.7.3 shows that the Temperature lines cannot be suppressed as the first checkbox states. Bug?

Just tested it out and it already does this, in 1.7.0rc2 at least, although I'm pretty sure it did in 1.6.1 too.

Take a look at the Terminal Filters in OctoPrint settings. The regexp for temps should be:

(Send: (N\d+\s+)?M105)|(Recv:\s+(ok\s+([PBN]\d+\s+)*)?([BCLPR]|T\d*):-?\d+)

If that's correct, verify that your temperatures are actually coming back in the expected format:

Recv:  T:25.95 /0.00 B:37.74 /0.00 @:0 B@:0
1 Like

Possible with some custom CSS or a theme plugin, see

Not sure if I understand this one - it's right on the edge of the terminal log view, where would you like it to be? Could you describe a bit more?

Pretty good answers here. Thank you guys.

The last thing I said is having the input field and the terminal output merged in the same field like we have with linux terminal or with the cmd or cmder on windows. But thinking here, it won't be a good thing if the terminal constantly print things like the temperature.

1 Like

I was watching youtube videos and then suddenly I saw something close to what I was imaging.

This is the video and the exact time this terminal appears.

@TTalkington temperature line is this one. Maybe a plugin is changing it.

Recv:  == T:25.68 /0.00 == B:25.62 /0.00 @:0 B@:0

But I din't know that I could control/fix these things with the regex which is awesome.

@Charlie_Powell is it possible to change the style of the Terminal Messaging? I mean, having commands in on side and replies in the other side is not good. It looks like people that makes plugins do not use terminal very often. Because it is just a matter of doing a few adjustments to have a better (readable) output window.

You would have to fork the plugin and dive into the CSS code, but it would be possible. Here's one of the lines, the one that aligns the received text: