Thought I'd share this. Today I wanted to do some more realistic testing beyond the Virtual Printer which is part of OctoPrint on a test rig I'm using. I had a spare controller board for my printer so I thought I'd use it with OctoPrint.
Unfortunately, OctoPrint has a minimum-temperature check that it wants to see upon handshaking with the printer. Since the controller board was naked, the Terminal screen was showing a temperature reported of -14ºC so OctoPrint didn't like that.
Having researched the
configuration.h file from the Marlin fork, I knew that it's a 100K thermistor. So I soldered a 100K ohm resistor to a connector, traced where that was on the pins of the actual printer and made this happy; OctoPrint now reports room temperature and continues to "print".
Of course, I had to run the gcode through my "dry run" code in my GcodeEdit (Go language) program to remove all the heatup and extrusions commands but I've got a great test rig now for this.