Feature Req - audio beeps

I'd like to have my PC beep when printing begins (after waiting for the warmup) and certainly again at completion. Maybe also at 10%, 20%,...
My machine is in another room so I don't have to listen to it. These annunciations would be a nice feature.

I'v also thought of exceptions being annunciated, but don't really know what to suggest. Temp exceedances?

Just a beep...?

I didn't want to ask for anything too grand, but maybe there could be a link to a mp3, then all that's needed is a trigger event(s), like:
Printing start
Printing complete <<<- these are the main events to annunciate.
Temp deviation (I've no clue if Octo detects any faults)
Progess like 25-50-75%

My M117SpeechSynthesis plugin would allow you to speak out loud M117 messages, or custom @SPEAK gcode commands to say whatever you put into the command as long as the Web page is loaded. Then in your gcode startup/end commands you put those wherever you want for it to say. I have mine saying Heating Bed, Heating Hot End, Printing, Print Complete.

1 Like

You've got to think that a spoken "Print Started" (or MP3 equivalent) is better than three beeps. At least you don't have to decode number-of-beeps.

I forgot about my unpublished M300Player plugin. It will actually translate M300 gcode commands into audible "beeps" that match the M300 parameters sent. The repository even has a song that you can upload to your OctoPrint and print to test with.

That's right...Guns n' Roses Sweet Child of Mine. Play with the settings for different sound effects, etc. some work better than others for going between tones for multiple M300 commands in a row.

1 Like

owh ! I was working on a tower temp when the idea come that it should be great if octoprint was able to detect M300 for to launch an event.

accordingly to the duration and frequency specified, it can pop up some sound or the webcam view.

sound should be in a directory onto the pi under MP3 or whatever mime type sound.

are you considering some plugin update @jneilliii ?

What do you mean plugin update, the plugin works now as is with M300 commands exactly as you describe. The only difference it's not out of the sound of the pi, but out of the sound of the watching browser...

If the printer and the host are next to each other, does this plugin implement a duet? :crazy_face:

That's a good one. It will be like an echo because of the buffers.

you might not have understand what I'm looking for.
M300player launch some 'beep' in browser ok.

I just wanna go a bit more far and asking if M300player can launch a MP3 in the browser also.

associating one command like M300 S440 P200 will launch 'highway to hell' at 1st layer and M300 S444 P200 will launch 'this is the end' when print finished ...
see ?

Ah, you probably want something like Beepatme. I had forked this one from ntoff a long time ago, and a good thing because it looks like he deleted his repo.

1 Like

Yep, something like that added of it can be launched by specific M300 command added in the Gcode

kind of a mix of both world.

in fact my purpose was to add signals in gcode file, for reminding me having a look at my cams when starting a bridge or changing a temperature, for analysis purpose.

cause I can be AFK and don't know when a specific part of gcode will start without keeping my eye on the screen ! (that for sure hypnotyse me and I fell asleep)