Feature Request: API extension for "power on printer"

Hi,
the plugin structure is great and i am using plugins now to turn on my printer and start printing.
but i have to implement that also in the slicer software / plugin

as long as there is no offical API for "Printer power on" / status it will not be implemented in slicer software

it only needs a rudimentary implementation which can be extended with plugins

kind regards
Christian

Most plugins have an API of their own. What plugin do you use to power on your printer?

yes i know ..i use psucontrol
modified it for automated connection, modified the cura plugin for automated turn on .. and print

but if you look at slicer they have no plugin ..the feature is integrated into the software.. and also other software

and if there is no offical api they wont implement such feature ..at least i wouldnt

thats why we need an offical (octoprint supported) API for this feature ..so that other developer can rely on it, to stay the same

Have you considered sharing the changes to the plugin?

(Note that I am not saying there is a 100% guarantee of adding your changes, but they are >0% :wink: )

i made a pull request for psucontrol

and the change for the octoprint plugin is here

and i think on 3.2

but i didnt figure out how to merge to newer versions so i never made a pull request

Christian, I use your fork (as autoconnect works flawlessly, as does the rest of your fork....Thanks!)

It's something I have seen come up a few times and I point people to your fork and cannot believe it hasn't been merged (but then I am new to all this and maybe there is a reason)

Is there any way that it could also support a hardware button on a gpio pin that could turn the supply back on?
(so that I could turn the printer on without having to go into the octoprint interface)

I /think/ the main branch was supporting it as a feature, but as I said I am struggling to get my head round most of this stuff so making it happen myself is beyond my abilities

Either way - thanks for your fork of this plugin, it works 100% flawlessly this end

chriswal- the latest Octoprint (1.3.11) unfortunately breaks the auto poweroff on idle feature of your fork - printer never turns off automatically
I rolled back to Octoprint 1.3.10 and it works again
I really wish that your code could be merged :frowning:
Regards
Rob

i merged the lates fix from foosel to the fork ...should work now

1 Like

Это действительно очень нужная опция и без неё пользоваться плагином одновременно с Cura неудобно.

1 Like