Filament Manager - 1.7.1 upgrade failed

Upgrade of Filament Manager from 1.7.0 to 1.7.1 failed.
Previously had 1.6.3 installed successfully; yesterday upgraded successfully to 1.7.0.

The actual 1.7.1 upgrade process seemed to be OK:

2021-01-30 15:46:07,582 - octoprint.plugins.softwareupdate - INFO - Starting update of filamentmanager to 1.7.1...
2021-01-30 15:46:14,019 - octoprint.plugins.softwareupdate - INFO - Update of filamentmanager to 1.7.1 successful!
2021-01-30 15:46:14,238 - octoprint.plugins.tracking - INFO - Sent tracking event update_successful, payload: {'target': 'filamentmanager', 'from_version': '1.7.0', 'to_version': '1.7.1'}
2021-01-30 15:46:14,245 - octoprint.plugins.softwareupdate - INFO - Saved version cache to disk

After restart of Octoprint the load of the plugin fails:

2021-01-30 15:46:19,227 - octoprint.plugin.core - ERROR - Error loading plugin filamentmanager
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint/plugin/core.py", line 1298, in _import_plugin
module = _load_module(module_name, spec)
File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint/plugin/core.py", line 69, in _load_module
return imp.load_module(name, f, filename, details)
File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint/vendor/imp.py", line 238, in load_module
return load_package(name, filename)
File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint/vendor/imp.py", line 212, in load_package
return _load(spec)
File "", line 696, in _load
File "", line 677, in _load_unlocked
File "", line 728, in exec_module
File "", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint_filamentmanager/init.py", line 18, in
from .newodometer import NewFilamentOdometer
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'octoprint_filamentmanager.newodometer'

Octoprint has been restarted a few times, error still occurs.

Filament Manager does not appear under the Plugins section of the Settings tab.

Other Plugins loading normally. Using Octoprint Safe Mode is N/A.
I will upload logs files shortly.

plugin_softwareupdate_console.log (76.8 KB) plugin_firmwareupdater_console.log (66.8 KB) plugin_pluginmanager_console.log (11.6 KB) octoprint (1).log (443.1 KB)

It looks as though everyone else has this issue too:

Update via Ocotprint PluginManage Update failed 1.7.0 -> 1.7.1 · Issue #38 · OllisGit/OctoPrint-FilamentManager (github.com)

You will have to wait for a resolution from the plugin maintainer, or downgrade as detailed in that ticket.

Thanks for the information. I had searched this forum and was a bit surprised to find that no-one had reported it.

I'll try a downgrade when my current print job finishes.

There is allready 1.7.2 in the repo, which fixes the error - no need to downgrade.

Thanks, I had seen that release and have been running a test print with 1.7.2.

The release notes for 1.7.2 has the following comment:

HINT: This version doesn't work with PrintJobHistory <= V1.10.0

The current release of PrintJobHistory is 1.10.0.

From what I can see from my recent printing and upgrade history the last combination of PJH & FM that worked together was PJH 1.10.0 with FM 1.6.3.

Andy

Hi @Andypc,

I was planing a new PrintJobHistory release today (Version 1.11.0)....well the day is not over...here in germany :wink:

Ok, thanks, I can give you another hour because I'm based in the UK!

I can concentrate on a first layer adhesion problem I have got, which of course has nothing to do with Octoprint and its plugins.

Thanks for your support of Octoprint.

Andy

Okay, day is almost over....no release of PrintJobHistory today and also not the next days...too many new things I want to include

But here is some appetizer of the new version:

• Compare Slicer-Settings
  • Integration of SpoolManger
  • MultiTool Support