Fire IR to trigger DSLR

Is there an existing plug-in that could be used to fire an IR at the start of each layer? The IR would cause a Nikon (and others, probably) to fire the shutter and take a photo. I did this on a DIY photogrammetry turntable I built, and it would be nice to use my DSLR rather than a webcam. Octolapse and/or Enclosure seem like potential candidates

I recently ordered a canon remote so I can record the triggering signal for exactly that purpose. do you have a scan of nikon remote?

I used this link to build my turntable which controls my Nikon. https://www.instructables.com/id/Build-a-DIY-Desktop-3d-Scanner-With-Infinite-Resol/ .

btw canon codes (here for backup :smiley: and if anyone needs them ever)

mode2 --raw -d /dev/lirc0

take picture immediately

code: 0xd6952600f0010001
code: 0xe01b0000d8010001

take picture in 2 seconds

code: 0x40ce6a00f0010001
code: 0xe8140000d8010001

and with "default driver"

root@orangepipc2:~# mode2 --driver default -d /dev/lirc0
Using driver default on device /dev/lirc0
Trying device: /dev/lirc0
Using device: /dev/lirc0
Warning: Running as root.
-- this is immediate (CANON33CAM prtocol value 1):
space 16777215
pulse 552
space 7080
pulse 504

-- this is 2sec (CANON33CAM prtocol value 0):
space 4658010
pulse 552
space 5288
pulse 560

but, I don't think I'll be going in this direction as I don't want to use my 5dmk3 nor 5dmk4 for this type of work and I have one 1Ds mk2 (aka tank) that I planned to use for this I just figured out darn tank don't support a IR trigger at all :frowning: ... and even worse, does not support trigger vs USB neither :frowning: ... so I'll go with a "wired trigger", I have a wire trigger for it (compatible with my other canon cameras) so I'll cut one and use a fet to trigger it from gpio pin..

you can try gphoto2 with your camera, it might support taking picture so you just connect your camera to your pi via usb, you can take a pic, fetch a pic directly to PI if you want ... (gphoto2 works with bunch of canon cameras I tried, only not with the one I actually want to use for this, the list of supported cameras is huge: http://gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php )

here's some useful "cli commands" wrt gphoto2

sudo -i
apt-get install gphoto2
env LANG=C gphoto2 --list-cameras
env LANG=C gphoto2 --auto-detect
env LANG=C gphoto2 --port usb: --abilities
env LANG=C gphoto2 --port usb: --help
env LANG=C gphoto2 --port usb: --no-keep --capture-preview
env LANG=C gphoto2 --port usb: --no-keep --capture-image-and-download

note the "env LANG=C" is important as if by default your shell is utf8 gphoto don't work..

If you can trigger said IR commands via the command line, you might want to take a look at events and event hooks.