Forgotten username and password to SSH into Pi

You absolute LEGEND. Thank you.

Just tried this on a fresh (apart from restoring a config backup) 1.8.0 install. Default 'raspberry' password did not work with the 'pi' account, nor did a password set with the octopi-password.txt tool. Tried with both Window's default SSH command and with putty, access denied on both.

did you change the username in the pi imager?

I re-imaged again, explicitly setting the username to pi (rather than leaving the option unchecked in the imager, which defaults to pi anyway). SSH then worked fine. Restoring the config backup then returns to SSH throwing access denied again. I'm guessing something in the config backup is messing with SSH (I hadn't even needed to use SSH before, so I don't know whether it was broken or not previously), so I'll just reflash and reconfigure from scratch instead.

That's really weird.
The backup contains only OctoPrint related stuff and not touch the OS.

I always forget the @ when I ssh haha, thanks for that

It seems Im having the same Issue with SSH Login as you, the pw file did not change anything. Any other work around known to this date?

Unrelated Question, Octopi provides a driver for RTL8812 USB Wifi dongle now? This is basically the reason I need to access the pi to compile the driver into it.

THX

I would be interested in a solution as well. I have restored my Pi from a previous backup and now I can't SSH anymore into the system. Neither the standard password nor the password I have set will work.

The "solution" was posted in the 7th reply four years ago. If that doesn't work for you, then I strongly suggest you open a new Get Help topic and fill in the template with YOUR details.

Welcome to 2024, and this still works. Saved me a total rebuild - THANK YOU!