Happy Birthday, OctoPrint!

Like every December, Iโ€™m not only looking forward to the holidays ๐ŸŽ„ for my yearly end-of-year vacation, some silent rest time with friends and family, the smell of freshly baked cookies ๐Ÿช and Die Hard on the screen ๐Ÿฟ, but also because it always marks another year of OctoPrintโ€™s existence.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://octoprint.org/blog/2022/12/13/happy-birthday-octoprint/
5 Likes

I have been with you for about a year now and it is a good way of printing all the things. I am running 3 pi's now with it.

1 Like

I bought by first 3d printer in April 2020, an Ender3v2, and while waiting for it, I read about Octoprint, and went all in and ordered my first Pi. It actually arrived a couple days before the Ender, and I installed Octoprint. I known own 4 3d printers, and use the Pi on all of them. On all my printers, I have never actually printed from SD card, and do not plan to.

Gina,
I only started contributing to your Patreon a few months ago, and only wish that I had started earlier, and could afford more.

1 Like

Octoprint definitely changed the way I print with my two printers in the garage. Being able to check things remotely, and tweak/tune/calibrate on the fly is a real game changer. Thanks for all your hard work and Happy Birthday!

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Happy Birthday, OctoPrint!:

a happy birthday to Octoprint, which has been with me and my Ender since almost the beginning of my printer adventure. it's true that, like many others, i find it hard to do without it now, and that just means that it's the right tool to do what i do. and the strong point is that, by adapting with the plug-ins, it's suitable for the greatest number of people. once again, thank you for your work and long live Octoprint!

1 Like

Happy Birthday, Octoprint :wink:
and thanks, Gina, for the nice work.
I'm started this year with a well used Anet A8 in poor condition, rebuilded it (german patience and engineer), and readed alot about printing, alot of this octo-server... shove it away for later. After some mysterios errors, i'd printing large prints over USB, i readed alot ... and stumbled over Octoprint again.
And i remembered, i have "some" Raspberry lying around somewhere.. :wink:
An hour later the server was runing, another hour later with camera on the printer.
2 days later i printed him a nice case, builded and printed a new camera-arm, found the plugins...
I guess i know less than 5% of it, but it's amazing.
Thanks again for the great work, Gina, and all that are related too.

1 Like

Wow! How time flies. I have been using OctoPrint now for several years and it's very useful. I also use the mobile app OctoPod. I use Fusion360 for my design work and Cura for slicing. So far I have designed several useful things for repairing the house; hoovers etc. And OctoPrint has proved very reliable and versatile. So well done and keep up the good work.

CR Ender3D Pro.

1 Like