I need help understanding this rpi4/octoprint and marlin

hi I'm really new at all this but here it goes:
I've got a rpi4 8gb 3.5in lcd I had octoklipper running but its too fast for me I still don't know how I got that to run?
but I am looking to change it all up I would like to know how to run marlin in octopi/octoprint from the rpi4,(hopefully as a server/ standalone) to a geeetech a10 3d printer. similar 3dprinter is creality ender3.
i have seen the marlin flasher on octoprint but this makes me believe its still going to flash the main board with marlin/full version, I'm not sure if that is correct but this is my understanding!
so my questions are

1. can octoprint run together with marlin firmware as support for the 3dprinter?
  2. how to get octoprint screen on my rpi4? i have attempted chris's basement and other attached reconditions i constantly get a error's 'dkpg ' i google them and still no understanding how/ why?
    try to load in Linux but nothing. and thats it for now otherwise i would have a full on novel for you to read.

You don't run Marlin in Octoprint. Marlin is a printer firmware. What Octoprint does is pass GCODE commands off to your printer. So, you printer has to have compatible firmware running on it already. And depending on the printer firmware some functions of Octoprint might not be available.

So, with my printer, Octoprint passes each line of the GCODE file off to printer as the printer finishes the last one. The printer doesn't know that it's printing so the status screen never changes. But if your printer runs marlin, you can print files from the SD card from Octoprint and then monitor the prints, for example, which is another GCODE command. Not all printers can do that. But there are a lot more examples.

As far as the screen on the Pi, you have to follow the setup and run the appropriate commands. Without more info on what's happening or what you've done, anyone is going to be limited in what help they can give. Does anything at all come up on the screen?

To answer you question, yes OctoPrint works with Marlin very well. For the screen on the pi4, that's going to be very specific to the screen that you are using etc. I have a pi 4 4GB running OctoPi 0.18 32 bit (reocmmended for your 8GB model as well) and have a hyperpixel 4 touch screen connected and use OctoDash to control OctoPrint from it.

But the question was how to run Marlin IN Octoprint, and you don't do that. Marlin runs on the printer. Which I believe was part of the confusion.

thankyou for the clarification on the marlin bit that's what i thought after attempting it for a few weeks and couldn't find anything else on that topic,
screen yes it dose will it started blank then i sudo update /upgrade then mhs35 show . came up command lines then i followed the octoprint wiki how to install lcd touch screen octoscreen got to 3rd last stage and then i got those dpkg dependency problems looked them up on google found some more info reinstalled got same problems. and i have continued this for about a week with no success. i may need to start over but im using scandisk extreme 128gb 170 speed read write,64 bit octoprint octopi buster,
just to let you know im nowhere near a programmer this has been self taught so far and i think im doing ok but its just doing my head in :slight_smile:

neeeeewww bie see ! lol

ok thanks im going to give that a go!

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of xserver-xorg-input-evdev:armhf:
xserver-xorg-input-evdev:armhf depends on libevdev2 (>= 1.2.2+dfsg-1~).
xserver-xorg-input-evdev:armhf depends on libmtdev1 (>= 1.1.0).
xserver-xorg-input-evdev:armhf depends on libudev1 (>= 183).
xserver-xorg-input-evdev:armhf depends on xorg-input-abi-24.
xserver-xorg-input-evdev:armhf depends on xserver-xorg-core (>= 2:1.18.99.901).

dpkg: error processing package xserver-xorg-input-evdev:armhf (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
xserver-xorg-input-evdev:armhf
reboot now
this is the detailed message's i get

What version of OctoPi are you running on your RPi?