Is there a simple logging plugin?

I would like to see a log that only shows simple events like print started, cancelled, ended, error, etc. I tried using the built-in logs set to INFO and I was buried in useless junk like a zillion lines of Checking SoC internal temperature.

Is there such a plugin?

EDIT: And I'd like a simple view in the tabbed area.

EDIT2: And it could be named history or events to avoid confusion with the built-in logs.

The closest one I've seen relative to this is the PrintHistory plugin, which is currently being rebooted and under development by @OllisGit. It's repository is over here.

Edit: But you may be able to achieve cleaner logging by setting the default octoprint to error, octoprint.events to info.

2 Likes

I want to try printJobHistory but I can't install it. (crosspost with https://github.com/OllisGit/OctoPrint-PrintJobHistory/issues/16).

I downloaded the zip file, unzipped it into a folder in the pi home dir, and ran sudo python ~/log/setup.py . I got the error Could not import OctoPrint's setuptools, are you sure you are running that under the same python installation that OctoPrint is installed under? . Help?

Can somone tell me what "same python installation" means? And in general, what does it mean to run or install something "under"?

1 Like

Actually, the logging in OctoPrint is rather customizable. Visit Settings -> Logging.