Kraken: A new iOS client for OctoPrint

I did purchase and Oh Ok, I read this wrong I thought you meant shortcuts for 3D Touch sensor / BLTouch. LOL sorry for that confusion. Well you can add that as my first feature request, a button that will push gcode for bed leveling :smiley: Or maybe a "shortcuts" section in your app where we can create favorites for common gcode that can be saved as a button for execution.

Sorry for the confusion! Yes, custom Gcode shortcuts will be coming soon

Multiple camera support please! Add it to your Pro version and I will gladly pay.

Hi there! Multiple camera support is already a feature for the Pro version, there's a tab that shows all your printer cameras in a single place.

I am having trouble finding any screenshots of that in action. When I select the update option in settings it shows these new capabilities:

Full screen video stream
Add multiple printers
3D touch shortcuts
Faster data refresh intervals
Delete files

The app store listing says "View camera streams from all of your printers on one screen" but that doesn't say multiple cameras on one printer. I want to make sure I understand what you are saying is in the pro version. Thanks!

Hello! Nice app. I've already installed and upgraded to Pro version.
So far so good, but I would like also to have an integration to the recently added Ngrok Tunnel option, so we could use Kraken from virtually anywhere.
Congrats for the great job!

@kraken can you please respond to my previous post? I do want to support your work if it does multiple cameras on the same printer. I cannot see that documented in pictures or text on your app.

Hi, sorry for the delay. I misread your post originally, the app does not support multiple cameras for a single printer. Is that a feature supported by OctoPrint?

Thanks for the response. It does, with a MultiCam plugin. I currently have 3 cameras on my printer but can only see the default in Kraken.

Hi! How about my request above? Would it be possible?
Thanks

Hey, for both of these since it's just me doing the development, my preference is not to support plugins as it adds another layer in the app version/OctoPrint version/plugin version compatibility matrix and can be a nightmare to maintain over time. However I have had several requests for the Ngrok Tunnel plugin so I will look into what's required to support that.

1 Like

Hey guys. Didn't see this as I scrolled through the comments... The App Store listing says it connects to any Octoprint server over the internet. How do I do that with this?
Thanks

You can use something like the Ngrok Plugin to tunnel the interface to a remote URL. Do not port forward it.

For other remote access options, you can read this blog post to choose something else:

Is it possible to flip the video steam from my Pi camera. It’s upside down.

See

Hi there, Kraken will mirror your OctoPrint camera orientation settings. If you've adjusted the orientation settings since you configured Kraken, you may need to delete and re-add your printer since Kraken caches the orientation settings.

Hi, just got the app. Looks very nice and feels smooth on my phone. Does the Shortcut in the Pro Version also count for the „Shortcuts“ iOS App? I dont have 3D Touch on my phone sadly.

Also: Would it be possible to control the Raspberry GPIO Pins via the App? Would be nice if i could control my LEDs like that

Hey Marvin, thanks for the kind words! Shortcuts here refers to iOS Home Screen Actions rather than the Shortcuts app. On newer devices, these can still be accessed via a long press on the app icon.

I cannot get Kraken to connect to my server no matter what I do. Other Octoprint apps seem to work. I have it setup right now with a virtual printer for testing but cannot get it to see the server from my Iphone.

Hey there, send me an email at c@tapgods.com and I can help you debug