Looking to control a second relay

If that yellow twist-on connector has mains power in it... The electrical regulations haven't let us use those since we had stranded mains wire in conduit, I used to pull loads of rubber/cotton covered mains wire out when rewiring houses. Horrible stuff. Your wiring isn't too shabby, I've seen FAR worse :-).

I highly recommend logic level relays - which are also available as SSR's - solid state. My Anet has dual PSU's, one 5V for the Pi and the regular mains one, but it also has an IEC socket and a switch, the mains SSR is inside a 3D printed case under the PSU. With 240V one cannot be too careful. I've recently only discovered the Octoprint community - I've spent far too much time hanging out on Thingiverse, and I've already fixed the Title bar text on the DisplayLayerProgress plugin. I could really use IFTT or MQTT for print end notifications, but the MQTT plugin is proving tricky to get working the way I want it. Just too busy to sort it out though, I want a channel per printer and its not playing ball - I use MQTT already BTW, but not IFTT.

This is a great website thank you for mentioning it!

:flushed:You caught me! Yes it was the Neutral for testing.... I will be looking into the SS relays. I think that will be my best option. I finally got the PSU, Light, and Run out sensor working with the enclosure plugin. After a fresh instill of OctoPi the GPIO pins must have had something going on (most likely my mistake messing around. I am very interested in the print end notification!

I try to keep my wiring clean! This PI setup is a bad example of that so I will add a better one to try and get some redemption.

1 Like

Hello,

I downloaded this plugin supplement for Octoprint
Is it working because I have yet to connect and try

Thanks for the link

Hello, The light plugin does work but the invert function does not so it can be a issue if your relay is not turning on and off right. I found the Enclosure plugin to be awesome and really the best way to go.

Hahahaha redeemed! Glad you found the problem...
Audio gear? Looks like it. I went through thousands of cable ties in a previous job - nice ones with a stainless clip in, came from a UK distributor but originated in the USA, I used to go ape-shit when somebody didn't keep all the bundles straight - if it looks right it generally.
B

ut now I've discovered two sided velcro tape, I am trying to remember I have the stuff when a 3D printer lands in my lab instead of using plastic ties. I've never tried proper lacing as used to be used on serious electronic kit, like the military stuff and 1960's computing gear.. I like this one though - its a Particle Detector at CERN, somewhere under the French/Swiss border. Serious plumbing.

Now hat is cool!!! I was trying to find some pictures of the back side of the LED walls I put together at work. I do A/V engineering so half of my life is "Get it working now we dont care how it looks" the other half is "It better look good take your time"...... Cant have both. Velcro is a life saver! I love the wiring on my 3kw Generator Military stuff is so clean.

Greeting,

Can you set the plugin settings for me to use another relay for light.

thanks

Im not quite sure I understand. Is there a plugin setting that is giving you trouble? With out being on your PI and knowing your settings im not sure that I can really set it up for you.

I installed the Enclosure plugin.

How should I set up the Enclosure plugin to command a relay?
Here are some pictures that I thought to be adjusted.

Sorry about the bad English

Your question very interesting me. If someone could respond to him I'll very appreciate it :smile:

And sorry fir my bad English too :sweat_smile:

Best to use the GPIO general pins rather than the ones shared with other functions - GPIO 2/3 are used for i2c, if you look at your of the Pi GPIO, use GPIO4 17,27 - all the pale green ones before using the others. If you want to connect your RGB strip I'll need to look that up - its the PWM pins usually to control the relative colours of the LED's in the strip. If GPIO3 isn't working as you've shown it, its probably because the I2C system is enabled in /boot/config.txt. It can be disabled, but I2c is really useful.. I'll get back to you on the RGB LED strip. I always try to avoid wiring anything directly to the Pi pins - its an easy way to blow the I/O up if you connect up incorrectly.

1 Like