Mac Mini 2.1 A1176 Core2Duo is not booting Installer Stick

Hello,

I need help. I've been trying to install Octoprint on my Mac for days. My favorite way would be via Proxmox, but I can't manage that either. The problem is that the Mac has a 64bit processor but a 32bit EFI. So far it hasn't shown anything in the boot menu except for Debian 12 Boot Stick. Proxmox Installer is not displayed, neither is Octoprint, nor is Octoprint Nightlies 32 bit. I don't know what else I can do to get Octoprint on the Mac.

Are you sure you're talking about OctoPrint and not the OctoPi image?
OctoPi is an image specifically for the Raspberry Pi.

I can't help you with the Proxmox vm, but there are several other ways to run it - docker for example.

That's another way. Install debian and then run this installer GitHub - paukstelis/octoprint_deploy: Bash script for rapid deployment of multiple octoprint instance on a single machine

If you really want to install it on MacOS, then the guide for this is below:

But I would second the recommendation to install Debian or some other Linux OS on the laptop, and then install OctoPrint after that is sorted. Mac is the least used OS for OctoPrint by a long way, so help & support can be difficult to come by if you experience issues.

Hey, yes i still tried 5 website ways but nothing works.

Thanks for the github link it works till the the step of adding the printer via USB. Hes pluged in but the Mac not detecting him. I tried with USB Power Blocker (before alll my f** Pis was written of by usb power) than without and than all 4 ports. USB Port Testing in the script said nothing. Even i testest all 4 Ports.

lsusb
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 003: ID 05ac:8240 Apple, Inc. Built-in IR Receiver
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 05ac:1000 Apple, Inc. Bluetooth HCI MacBookPro (HID mode)
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics CH340 serial converter
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
it`s curios

the printer is Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics CH340 serial converter

So about this way the OSX boot stick is arrived and wow its not working too....
I format the hdd with osx extended than make a partition and the installer is only seeing the stick.
The log is just confusing me

So today i tried this one

the result at step after :spiral_notepad: Note
You may have to log out and back in again for these changes to become effective.

the CPU is crashing instant

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.