New 'Camera Stack UpToDate build' (1.0.0-1.9.0-20230523124648) Raspi cam V2 not working (Klipper build)

I cant seem to get this to work at all. I had a perfectly working Ender 3 on Klipper, with Octoprint 1.9 and octopi 1.0. Running on Pi 4b 8gb. just flashed it to the latest version like a week ago, LOL. All was well. As of now it only has a single Raspi cam v2. After flashing to this version, my camera does not work at all. In either setup, installed charlie_powell's plugin, and it shows nothing either. Obviously i am missing something. The camera streamer service seems to be running fine, but the -libcamera is not.

sudo systemctl status camera-streamer
â—Ź camera-streamer.service - camera-streamer
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/camera-streamer.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/camera-streamer.service.d
             └─override.conf
     Active: active (exited) since Sun 2023-05-28 06:34:45 MDT; 41min ago
    Process: 560 ExecStart=/usr/bin/camera-streamer-control start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   Main PID: 560 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
        CPU: 48ms

May 28 06:34:45 octopi2 systemd[1]: Starting camera-streamer...
May 28 06:34:45 octopi2 camera-streamer-control[560]: Running start for camera-streamer-libcamera.service...
May 28 06:34:45 octopi2 camera-streamer-control[560]: ... done.
May 28 06:34:45 octopi2 camera-streamer-control[560]: /usr/bin/camera-streamer-control: line 56: /etc/camera-streamer.conf.d/usb-*.conf: No such fil>
May 28 06:34:45 octopi2 systemd[1]: Finished camera-streamer.
sudo systemctl status camera-streamer-libcamera
â—Ź camera-streamer-libcamera.service - camera-streamer libcamera
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/camera-streamer-libcamera.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/camera-streamer-libcamera.service.d
             └─override.conf
     Active: inactive (dead)

May 28 07:12:26 octopi2 systemd[1]: Stopped camera-streamer libcamera.
May 28 07:12:26 octopi2 systemd[1]: Starting camera-streamer libcamera...
May 28 07:12:26 octopi2 systemd[1]: camera-streamer-libcamera.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
May 28 07:12:26 octopi2 systemd[1]: camera-streamer-libcamera.service: Skipped due to 'exec-condition'.
May 28 07:12:26 octopi2 systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in camera-streamer libcamera being skipped.
May 28 07:12:36 octopi2 systemd[1]: camera-streamer-libcamera.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 10.
May 28 07:12:36 octopi2 systemd[1]: Stopped camera-streamer libcamera.
May 28 07:12:36 octopi2 systemd[1]: camera-streamer-libcamera.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
May 28 07:12:36 octopi2 systemd[1]: camera-streamer-libcamera.service: Skipped due to 'exec-condition'.
May 28 07:12:36 octopi2 systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in camera-streamer libcamera being skipped.
sudo systemctl start camera-streamer-libcamera
sudo systemctl status camera-streamer-libcamera
â—Ź camera-streamer-libcamera.service - camera-streamer libcamera
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/camera-streamer-libcamera.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/camera-streamer-libcamera.service.d
             └─override.conf
     Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exec-condition) since Sun 2023-05-28 07:18:27 MDT; 5s ago
    Process: 6436 ExecCondition=/bin/sh -c /usr/bin/libcamera-hello --list-cameras | grep -o '/base/soc/[^)]*' (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
        CPU: 94ms

Running latest Klipper, Moonraker and Klipper screen, again all was well before upgrade. It seems like the plugin itself is working, just not getting a stream.

Couple other things, this is all a fresh install of everything. I flashed Octopi, update, upgrade, install Klipper, install Moonraker, install Klipper screen, install plugins, configure plugins. Check for updates and upgrades again. test.

octoprint-systeminfo-20230528141604.zip (146.4 KB)

Can you run:

vcgencmd get_camera
libcamera-hello

and

ls /etc/camera-streamer.conf.d

And report the output? The last one should be a symlink to /boot/camera-streamer but the logs are showing complaining about it. The systeminfo bundle shows a USB camera but no libcamera type camera, but this should be fine for the Pi Cam V2 - they reliably worked through v4l2 previously.

vcgencmd get_camera
supported=1 detected=1, libcamera interfaces=0
libcamera-hello
Preview window unavailable
[2:52:25.480321039] [20158]  INFO Camera camera_manager.cpp:299 libcamera v0.0.4+22-923f5d70
ERROR: *** no cameras available ***
### Options for libcamera based cameras (PiCam, Arducam, ...)

# The port on which the webcam server for the camera should listen on. If you h>
# one camera, leave at 8080. If you have more, change to 8081, 8082, etc. The p>
# camera will be considered the one with 8080.
PORT=8080

# The resolution to request on the camera sensor. Defaults to 1280x720.
WIDTH=1920
HEIGHT=1080

# The height to use for the video stream. Defaults to 720.
VIDEO_HEIGHT=1080

# The height to use for the snapshots. Defaults to 1080.
SNAPSHOT_HEIGHT=1080

# The framerate to set on the camera. Defaults to 15fps.
FRAMERATE=15

Sorry about the big text, wierd cause i pasted from nano

The big text is caused by the markdown on this site. If you enclose your pasted text using the </> tool above the reply window, that won't happen.

1 Like

I have tried booting into safe mode, no change.

I added the USB camera per new build instruction page, and attempted to add it to Multicam plugin, and when initially filling in the web address to the camera in Multicam settings page it shows the USB webcam feed, but when trying to use it on the control page it does not show. The Multicam plugin doesn't even appear to try to connect to it. And no change to Raspi cam NOT working.

When going directly to USB webcam address in its own tab in browser, it works fine. Snapshots from it work on classic webcam settings page. Haven't tried timelapse from it yet.

Double checked all physical connections, reseated them, even though it was working with last build.

Really want the Raspi cam to work as it is already setup as a closeup of the nozzle.

Attached a new system bundle if it helps.

octoprint-systeminfo-20230530203024.zip (73.9 KB)

this plugin is currently broken with OctoPrint 1.9.0.

I'm seeing a very similar issue with my Raspi Cam V3 when I upgraded to OctoPi 1.9.0 (with new camera stack) on a RP4 Pi. I was able to narrow down the exact line that seems to break the Camera for me it's the addition of this line dtoverlay=rpi-ft5406,touchscreen-inverted-y=1,touchscreen-inverted-x=1 in the /boot/config.txt file (attached below)

I have a Raspi 7" display connected and when I try to rotate the display and the touch coordinates by applying the recommended dtoverlay settings it breaks camera for me. I've tried adding a dtoverlay for the RaspiCam V3 but that does not seem to work either. Would love to know how to fix it cause now I have to choose either to have my display oriented right without camera or have camera without touch display to control octopi (with octodash)

Note: I am using an ArduCam HDMI extension kit with the Raspi Cam but I doubt if that makes any difference sine it get treated as an CSI connection.

Note: I'm not running any Camera Plugins like Multicam.

working_octoprint-systeminfo-20230530213113.zip (57.6 KB)

broken_octoprint-systeminfo-20230530214528.zip (80.0 KB)

config.txt.zip (1.6 KB)

Try to:

camera_auto_detect=1
display_auto_detect=0
dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d,cma-128
dtoverlay=vc4-kms-dsi-7inch

Ah, that would explain why it doesnt work on my other machine. Anyway this is really a side issue, i cant get my Raspi Cam to work at all. with new Camera-stream build. USB cam seems to work fiine, other than not working in Multicam.

I don't believe i am using dtoverlay in this build It is all default installs with new Camera-streamer build. I never entered DT overlay commands as i have done on past builds, so I don't think this is my issue. I also have a 7" raspi touch screen and it works fine right 'out of the box'. Again, I'm on Klipper build.

Between old build and new build are significant changes on kernel side, and a completely different camera stack support. In some cases it might be required to fine tune system with dtoverlays.

I will try when i get home.

I ordered another Pi so i can work on builds without disrupting prints, so will have that in hand tomorrow to do some further testing of this build. I really want this to work, because for 3 years i have never been able to get all my cameras working as i want. Sometimes Raspi Cam works fine, sometimes USB cam shows up as main camera. Hoping to resolve this long term issue once and for all.

hi. Did you solved the problem?
I'm having the exactly same problem as you.

i did everything you did.

i tried other os like debian,, but had same problems.
I think all the problems occurred after the update.

This post is about the new camera stack that comes with the OctoPi image. It's not an update or something you can install on another OS. Are you sure you have the same issue?

I updated the posts title, hopefully a little clearer.

Got my new Pi yesterday, and got a long ways on a new build to test with, but didn't quite have time to test it out. Should be able to get it tested this evening and I'll post results. I suspect something within my build is breaking it along the install path.

Thank you @ayufan that fixed my issue. Camera and Display are working fine now, I do have to figure out a performance issue but at least everything works now.

So now i am in the same boat with my second machine. It is also on a Pi 4B 8GB, it is a highly modified CR-10S with a BTT E3 V3 main board. Both act basically the same. MultiCam seems to be broken on both. Getting USB cam to work is easy peasy on both. Charlie's plugin does seem to work on both, USB cams show on both when selecting classic webcam.

This time i only flashed Octopi, and then went in to test. Seems Klipper installs don't actually affect it. Got it to work on both machines with the USB webcam, but both machines their Raspi-Cams don't work. Here is sys bundle from second machine.

octoprint-systeminfo-20230603080558.zip (116.3 KB)

assuming you mean the multicam plugin, that is known broken in 1.9.0 and the plugin developer will be releasing a fix for it soon.

1 Like

I know Multicam is broken, an update actually came out yesterday, but doesn't help with my issue. I reflashed my second machine, the CR-10S. This time i did not plug in any USB cameras to it at all, and still the raspi cam doesnt work. Sys bundle attached.

octoprint-systeminfo-20230604073816 (3).zip (132.6 KB)