New Install - change wifi credentials?

What is the problem?

A friend gave me his Raspberry Pi 4 to install Octoprint for him. I have done so. Using Raspberry Pi Imager I added my own wifi credentials in order to be able to access it and configure it for him.

How/where can I change the wifi credentials to match his own before I give it to him so that when he boots it up, it automatically connects to his router and he can access it through his network?

What did you already try to solve it?

Nothing, not sure whether this is something I have to change in octoprint or somewhere else?

Have you tried running in safe mode?

WRITE HERE

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

See WiFi setup and troubleshooting

I can see this question becoming common given people never touch the config file when setting it up now. Maybe there's a basic guide that can be written for 'changing the WiFi Settings' that would be obvious. I'll keep note of it.

1 Like

Perfect, thanks very much!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.