New OctoPi Release: 1.0.0

Guy Sheffer has just released OctoPi 1.0.0 - big thanks to him and also to everyone who helped test the release candidates and the nightly builds that went into this and reported back!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://octoprint.org/blog/2023/02/22/octopi-release-1-0-0/
4 Likes

Congratulations to the team for 1.0.0!!

You may want to correct the the statement above "It therefore would note be a bad idea to create a backup" to "It therefore would not be a bad idea to create a backup"

Fabulous! Great effort by Guy and all the beta testers.

Just to be shure:
When I´m running 1.0.0 RC3, no Update to this official Ver. 1.0.0 is needed?
(And, if I´m wrong, I have to install the Image 1.0.0 from the scratch?)

Thx in advance, Hans.

1.0.0rc3 and 1.0.0 are all but the same thing, the final release candidate image turned into the stable release.

Is it possible to run this on the Inovato Quadra which runs Debain Bullseye, but doesn't have the rpi GPOI?

No, the OctoPi image is specific to the Raspberry Pi.

You can of course download & setup OctoPrint on any Linux, Windows or Mac OS device that is powerful enough yourself.

I got the new Raspberry Pi Camera v3 working with some code tweaks, and I documented on GitHub in case anyone finds it helpful

Thanks much for supporting this to be available in the Raspberry Pi Imager. So easy to create an image this way! Hit 'shift+ctrl+x to bring up options to add wifi and login credentials.

Also, thanks for a solid backup option. It's so nice to create backup, create a new SD card image and just upload your backup and be right back where your setup was but on new code! Very nice!

1 Like

Perhaps obvious, but, I just updated to OctoPrint 1.8.7 if I install OctoPi 1.0.0 , I'll be back at 1.8.6?

The OctoPi that is available through OctoPrint.org - Download & Setup OctoPrint or the RPi imager is kept up to date with the latest version of OctoPrint, so you would get 1.8.7 out of the box. These builds are made here

1 Like

How do i keep my settings and plugins with the new version?

Create a backup inside OctoPrint on your old install (don't forget to download it), then you can restore on the new version.