New Plugin: Anti Stutter - Need Testers

I have been planning to post to GitHub. I've been holding back until I come up with a good name for the repo, lol. I am down to two ideas: Arc welder and ARChimedes. Thoughts?

I was thinking Curvify.

Arc Welder reminds me of something for a CNC machine. ARChimedes if you really want a 'fancy' name.

How about something simple and basic like Arcify.

How about ARChangel?

3 Likes

Take out the H and you are left with ARCangel

I started with that but then thought that someone would want to correct my spelling. :laugh:

1 Like

Curious, would this be applicable to 32bit controllers?

So, nobody likes Arc Welder? I do like arcify too.

If nothing else it should reduce the file size. No idea what the extent of serial transfer issues is on a 32 bit board. Never had one.

ARChie
ARCh Enemy of Blobs
ARChimedes
Oh, My ARC'ing Blobs
ARCifier
ARC de Triumph
ARC of the Conversionant
ARCas (son of Zeus & the nymph Kallisto (Ursa Major), if you're not up on your Greek mythology)

What about GoARC?

Arc Welder is fine... just get the damn thing out, who cares what it's called! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Strange thing is, I get bit very hard by the bug on my CR10v2 with a stock [style] extruder, but the same gcode file run though my OTHER CR10v2 with a Titan Direct Drive rarely shows the same symptoms.

1 Like

I think these issues are highly dependent on the exact firmware and configuration of the firmware.

Thanks for all of your suggestions, btw (that goes for everyone). Since renaming means refactoring, I'd rather not do that more than once.

I think I am going with Arc Welder (I just didn't like Anti-Stutter). There were some other contenders, but after some reflection I think it best captures what the plugin does. I'm trying to get things renamed and up to github ASAP.

2 Likes

Yeah, that's what makes it strange. Exact same models of printers, exact same firmware, exact same gcode file, both delivered via OctoPrint with the exact same plugins and settings. The ONLY difference is the Titan and the esteps calibration required for it. Oh, and the Titan machine has a hardened steel nozzle, so I'm running a few degrees hotter.

Glad to hear you decided and are moving foward with publishing. I understand you don't want to change the name later. Arc Welder is a good name.

Ok, here is the first pre-release from github:

https://github.com/FormerLurker/ArcWelderPlugin/archive/0.1.0rc1.dev1.zip

You can install via the plugin manager using the Get More-> ... from URL option:

If you already have the old version installed, completely uninstall and clean the files. I'm hoping installation is better behaved now that it's pulling from GitHub, but please let me know if there are any issues. If there are, please send me your plugin_pluginmanager_console.log file.

Please make sure you verify the g90/g91 influences your extruder setting (likely true if you are using stock marlin 2.0 with the stock config, false if not), and set an appropriate resolution (it's set to 50 microns now, or 0.05mm). Don't go above 0.1mm for sure. Absolute extrusion support is newish, so that may have some undiscovered bugs. Message me if you need help with any of that.

Any issues discovered from now on should be posted to the github repository to make things easier to track.

Thanks everyone! This has been great!

1 Like

Will try this plugin later - Just a comment might be worth adding some info in readme re checking G90 etc and what setting need checking in the Marlin. Maybe a Small How to! - Read thro thread sounds exciting!!!

Was about to ask where I can get the plugin to give it a try. :grin:
Printing Face Shields pretty fast (Prusa Research settings for mk3s) and was wondering if it smooths the movement somehow. The printer is not really stuttering but I'm curious to see what happens with gcode optimized by your code.

You may read this thread - ok, maybe the last few ones. :wink:

Just because I didn't reply before he posted a github release? :wink:

The thread grows long. Easy to miss a recent post! Glad you found it :+1:

Edit: maybe i should edit the OP to include the link?

1 Like