This third RC of 1.3.10 fixes a couple of regressions observed with past RCs and also adds some improvements of existing or newly added functionality that became apparent during testing of the past RCs:
- Don’t confuse users with current
pip’s “Python 2.7 is EOL” messages
- Define empty
UI_API_KEYfor backwards compatibility with third party plugins
- Add config flag
server.ignoredIncompleteStartupto override incomplete startup detection
- Hardening against errors triggered during print time estimation
- Introduce setting to disable exclusive claim on serial port. There might be issues with this out there in the field, so having the option to disable it is a good thing.
- Error Tracking: Further restriction of what gets tracked
- #3105 (regression) - Virtual printer: Fix an encoding issue
- #3108 (regression) - Fix bug in port detection
- #3111 (regression) - Refresh port list after disconnect to detect vanishing ports
- #3115 (regression) - Fix extra newlines in
serial.logand empty lines on terminal
- #3116 - Fix potential division by zero
- Fix wrong textual representation of
- Fix some potential encoding errors in the comm layer
- Fix for the file list in the UI not getting refreshed after an SD list refresh from the printer.
You can find the full changelog and release notes as usual on Github.
Special thanks to everyone who contributed to this release candidate!
As the past RCs have shown me that a lot of people appear to be unaware of this: Please do not install this RC if you expect a fully stable version. It is not a stable release, it is a release candidate: severe bugs may occur, and they might be bad enough that they make a manual downgrade to an earlier version necessary - maybe even from the command line.
You should feel comfortable with and capable of possibly having to do this before installing an RC.
If you want to and can help test this release candidate, you can find information on how to switch to the “Maintenance RCs” release channel in this guide if not already done (also linked below).
Please provide feedback on this RC. For general feedback you can use this ticket on the tracker. The information that everything works fine for you is also valuable feedback 😄. For bug reports please follow “How to file a bug report” - I need logs and reproduction steps to fix issues, not just the information that something doesn’t work so make sure to fill out all fields of the issue template.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://octoprint.org/blog/2019/04/11/new-release-candidate-1.3.11rc3/