New release candidate: 1.3.7rc4

This fourth release candidate fixes three bugs (one in new functionality, the other two regressions) that were discovered and reported over the easter weekend in the 1.3.7 RCs:

• #2536 - Fix a wrong state tracking when starting an SD print through the controller, causing a disconnect due to a timeout.
  • #2544 - Fix an exception when connecting to the raw websocket at /sockjs/websocket (instead of /sockjs/<server_id>/<session_id>/websocket).
  • #2546 - Fix the PRINT_FAILED event getting triggered twice on print failure due to disconnect

If you are tracking the “Maintenance RC” release channel, you should soon get an update notification just like you are used to from stable releases.

If you want to help test this release candidate and aren’t yet tracking the “Maintenance RCs” release channel, you can find information on how to switch in this guide (also linked below).

If you are not interested in helping to test release candidates, just ignore this post, 1.3.7 stable will hit your instance via the usual way once it’s ready 😊

You can find the full changelog and release notes as usual on Github.

Please provide feedback on this RC. For general feedback you can use this ticket on the tracker. The information that everything works fine for you is also valuable feedback 😄 For bug reports please follow “How to file a bug report”.

Depending on how the feedback for this release candidate turns out, I’ll either look into releasing 1.3.7 or fix any observed regressions and push out a new release candidate ASAP.

Links

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://octoprint.org/blog/2018/04/04/new-release-candidate-1.3.7rc4/

Thought I found an issue. Loaded up RC4 and sent a print. Waited for it to come up to temp and it wasn't starting printing. Hmmm, that's odd. Waited a bit longer. Finally realized I had manually preheated it and never actually hit "Print". :man_facepalming: So I guess this proves that I'd suck at QA unless someone wanted to prove something was idiot-proofed. :laughing:

1 Like

@foosel so I was working with RC3 just fine on the replicape. The new print-from-SD emulation we put in place was working quite nicely except for an internal Redeem bug we're working on.

With RC4 I find myself unable to force OctoPrint to refresh SD files. This is a bit of an issue for us as we're not inserting an SD physically into the printer, and Redeem is actually parsing the same folder that Octoprint is watching for new files... So our ideal workflow would be "upload to OctoPrint", "refresh SD files", then select the SD file and print that.

I often find myself in the same position. It reminds me of a quote I heard years ago:

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

1 Like