This third RC of 1.4.1 fixes some regressions observed with the first one and also improves some of the functionality added in 1.4.1:
- #3640: Disable JS minification for third party plugins again, it can cause issues in one plugin that are non recoverable and cause the JS of all third party plugins to no longer load. Added
devel.webassets.minify_pluginsconfig setting to allow to turn it back on by plugin authors to test their plugins for minification compatibility (which should be a goal).
- Slight changes in the HTML markup to improve E2E testability.
- #3627 (regression): Fix another issue with auto detection failing for port
AUTOand set baudrate.
- #3642 (regression): Fix styling on file list titles causing an issue with plugins like PrintTimeGenius that add on to the title, making the additional information toggle no longer work.
- Fix a possible race condition in the login dialog causing initial login to fail.
The heads-ups regarding Jinja2 templating,
awesome-slugify and the virtual printer from 1.4.1rc1 still apply.
You can find the full changelog and release notes as usual on Github.
Special thanks to everyone who contributed to this release candidate and provided full, analyzable bug reports, you help making the next release as stable as possible!
As the past RCs have shown me that a lot of people appear to be unaware of this: Please do not install this RC if you expect a fully stable version. It is not a stable release, it is a release candidate, and of the next big release to boot: severe bugs may occur, and they might be bad enough that they make a manual downgrade to an earlier version necessary - maybe even from the command line.
You should feel comfortable with and capable of possibly having to do this before installing an RC.
If you want to and can help test this release candidate, you can find information on how to switch to the “Maintenance RCs” release channel in this guide if not already done (also linked below).
Please provide feedback on this RC. For general feedback you can use this ticket on the tracker. The information that everything works fine for you is also valuable feedback 😄. For bug reports please follow “How to file a bug report” - I need logs and reproduction steps to fix issues, not just the information that something doesn’t work so make sure to fill out all fields of the issue template.
Depending on the feedback regarding this version I’ll look into fixing any observed regressions and bugs and pushing out a follow-up version as soon as possible and necessary.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://octoprint.org/blog/2020/07/15/new-release-candidate-1.4.1rc3/