Ngrok agent too old? ngrok_error_121

Getting the following error when trying to create a new tunnel with ngrok.

Failed to create tunnel

Your ngrok-agent version "2.3.40" is too old. The minimum supported agent version for your account is "3.2.0". Please update to a newer version with ngrok update, by downloading from Download, or by updating your SDK version. Paid accounts are currently excluded from minimum agent version requirements. To begin handling traffic immediately without updating your agent, upgrade to a paid plan: ngrok - Online in One Line.

ERR_NGROK_121 Failed to create tunnel

Your ngrok-agent version "2.3.40" is too old. The minimum supported agent version for your account is "3.2.0". Please update to a newer version with ngrok update, by downloading from Download, or by updating your SDK version. Paid accounts are currently excluded from minimum agent version requirements. To begin handling traffic immediately without updating your agent, upgrade to a paid plan: ngrok - Online in One Line.

ERR_NGROK_121

Not sure how to update ngrok through shell or otherwise. Anyhelp is appreciated.

With the plugin, you should be able to SSH in and run this command, assuming default OctoPi image.

./oprint/bin/pip install --upgrade pyngrok.

so I found a possible path for the ngrok binary, so the following command might work to upgrade.

/home/pi/oprint/bin/ngrok update
2 Likes

Thanks a ton! This worked! I'm a linux noob so I was having trouble finding a way to direct the ngrok update command to the correct directory

1 Like

yeah, this path is a little strange from a standard ngrok install as it gets buried inside OctoPrint's venv.