No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected

Many thanks for your precious help !

Wish we could see what was going wrong or how it was fixed. Kinda seemed like the same issue I am having.

@gangsterHOTLINE no apparent issue ...
This is what I did ...
1 - I installed again 1.6 in a separate environment
2 - I ran 1.6 and it worked !
3 - I ran again 1.7 and now it worked !!

don't know why ...

Maybe I will try the same thing and see if I get lucky :). Thanks!

Any chance you can elaborate a bit on this part? I'm running on a Pi and not sure how I point my system to use one virtual env vs another.

I have 1.6 installed in a directory as you directed and have virtualenv activated from within bin of that directory. Do I need to do anything more to have that be the loaded version? I tried restarting octoprint and am still on 1.7.0.

Thanks for any help!

Then I killed 1.7 and start 1.6 ...
Is this what you did ??

I actually ended up grabbing the Octopi 0.18 release from github that has octoprint 1.5.2 included and flashed that. Same issue still can't connect. It's definitely Marlin that has the problem. But looking through all the commits to Marlin bugfix over the past week I cannot for the life of me see anything that would break serial. I must be one of the only ones experiencing this problem at the firmware side. Not sure what to do besides try and reach out to the Marlin team.

Marlin has a discord server that a lot of the contributors that look into bugs are around on. If you don't want to create a GitHub issue/bug report, and just want some extra troubleshooting steps from them then I can highly recommend it. Have asked a few questions and got good answers before.

On OctoPi, the octoprint instance is managed via systemd, so to have the other virtual environment running, first you should disable the system instance (i.e. running systemctl disable --now octoprint.service). Then go to the new virtualenvironment and launch the instance manually (i.e. running /path/to/venv/bin/octoprint serve). And if you want that instance to be the one managed via systemd, then you'd need to edit the service file accordingly

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.