No stream from webcam, please please help

What is the problem?
bought a raspberry pi cam from amazon uk and cannot get webcam stream to work. i have been trying for days but no luck and i really can't afford to buy another camera for a while.

What did you already try to solve it?

I have got octopi working and that's fine (other than missing hot end temp but that's another day's problem!)

I have changed the octopi.config to

camera="raspi"
and
camera_raspi_options="-fps 10 -y 1080 -x 1920"

The camera light is on.
I'm using a rasberry pi 3 model B

Printer is CR10s Pro but kind of irrelevant for this issue maybe?

The camera is the following:

Although only using camera module at the moment.

My guess the issue is that i cheaped out on a camera :frowning:

I'm not convinced that this is the correct filename for editing the webcam information. I'm guessing that it's more like /boot/octopi.txt instead. You might try going to sudo raspi-config -> Interfaces to make sure that the webcam support is turned on.

While trying to see if this is working, read the octoprint.log as well as the webcam.log. Visit the URL http://octopi.local:8080/?action=stream to see if there is any output.

docs
more

Sorry yes octopi.txt was the file I edited. I have also enabled camera using sudo raspi-config and I have visited /?action=stream and there is no image returning.

Where do I find the logs sorry?

I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew! I just wanted to keep an eye on my printer lol :slight_smile:

Noticed the word "logs" turned blue`? It's a link :wink:

The problem here—as seen in another thread as well—is that the webcam doesn't appear to be logging to /var/log/webcamd.log as expected.

Appreciate the help. Thank you. How should I get to that thread? Sorry for all the qs

Is it the fact it's not official should I just bite the bullet and buy another camera. If so which should I get that's most plug and play?

In a case like this, I'd use the forum's search feature. You're probably interested in the second one listed there.

There is a small connector in the camera that conects the board to the lens module. Try to disconnect it and reconnect.

I had a problem like this, and solved this way.

1 Like